“a heavenly place”
Review of The Laurel Oak Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gainesville
The Laurel Oak Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Gainesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My brother, neice and I were passing through Gainesville on a bike trip. We stayed one night at the Laurel Oak Inn, but all of us wished that we could have stayed a week. This B and B is so comfortable, beautiful and relaxing. Monte and Peggy are friendly, helpful and it is obvious that they love making their guests feel at home. I don't eat breakfast myself (my brother and neice do) and they talked about this particular breakfast for the rest of the trip (and compared every other one to it....none compared). One word describes our experience at the Laurel Oak Inn: Perfect!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Laurel Oak Inn

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I recently stayed at this B&B - and i frequent B&B's all over the US, business and pleasure. The Laurel Oak Inn is the real deal...great hosts, top-notch food, inviting atmosphere, above and beyond service, local knowledge, etc. Even the cat was friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2013

A more pleasant stay one could not have hoped for...Monte is the consumate host, taking care of every need. The rooms are immaculately clean, modernly comfortable, and full of charming character. From the moment we arrived it felt as if the house was ours and we were home away from home. Even the surrounding neighborhood was beautiful to go for a stroll before bed. Shops were close by if in need of additonal items. After a superbly restful night, we awoke to the smell of coffee and breakfast followed shortly. Scrumptious...with vegan/vegetarian options considered by chef Monte! The Laurel Oak will be our only destination when in the Gainesville, FL area.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed at the Laurel Oak Inn in Gainesville for two nights on our way back North and really enjoyed it. Monta and Peggy run a first class and very friendly inn. They obviously take great pride in what they do and we enjoyed hanging around with them, swapping stories and getting information about the area. These people are extremely personable! When they learned we liked to hike and explore they pointed us to the Payne's Prairie state park which we enjoyed immensely. Their advice on restaurants was great too. There's a wine and snack event at 5PM where you can meet other interesting people. The room had a massage tub that we really liked after a long day's hike. Also there are several entertaining outdoor cats to bond with. If you need a change from the usual hotels I really recommend the Laurel Oak Inn!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Great setting, fabulous location, superb B&B. The Laurel Oak is an immaculately restored Victorian a short walk to the downtown restaurants and the walking trail. Monta was a great host, his recommendation to visit Payne's Prarie State Park was right on. Everything about the Laurel Oak Inn was excellent.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong with any of the rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Truly the best B&B I have ever experienced. My wonderful host Monta made it look so easy. This place is a study of what every B&B should be. On My recent business trip to Gainesville Florida I was treated to 2 nights in the Lilac Suite with my own private balcony with kerosene lamps, rockers and throw blankets. Just a few of the details that make this place great. The owners show true restraint in the soothing and elegant decor instead of cutesied-up like most B&B's. Don't dare miss the breakfast and a short SAFE walk down the street to the Hippodrome Theatre and plenty of restaurants.

Room Tip: The other rooms may have jacuzzi tubs but I prefer the old claw-foot tub and the private balcony in...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2013

When my partner booked us into a "b&b" on our recent road trip, I wasn't expecting The Laurel Oak Inn. We drove into a gorgeous tree lined street, close to downtown Gainesville, and were immediately struck by the prettiness and romance of the property. Monta greeted us as we drove in and showed us to our room (Lavender) as well as pointing out many aspects of the property and our room. I was amazed at the prettiness of the property and the rooms (if they are not occupied, the doors are open and you can check out the other rooms) and of particular note are the hosts attention to detail. There was nothing impersonal here - like so many hotels you might book into - and you could help yourself to homemade treats in the dining room and enjoy refreshments, which were available 24 hours. Monta and Peggy sat down with us one late afternoon for a glass of vino and we chatted as if we had known them for ages - they are truly accomplished at making their guests feel at home. I also loved the decor of the rooms downstairs and their outside veranda - full of fabulous and one-off pieces which separates this true gem from bland chains. Don't even think twice about booking: go for it! If I get the chance to visit Gainesvill again (or anywhere close) I will book in immediately.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple