The Laurel Oak Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$148
$140
Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$150
$277
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$122
Hampton.com
$199
$169
BestWestern.com
All reviewsb blavender roomorganic coffeewonderful hostslibrary roomgourmet breakfasthouse is beautifulbath productsgas fireplacecocktail hoursocial hourcookiesrocking chairshome away from homewonderful stayvisit gainesvillecomfortable bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed at the Laurel Oak Inn in Gainesville for two nights on our way back North and really enjoyed it. Monta and Peggy run a first class and very friendly inn. They obviously take great pride in what they do and we enjoyed hanging around with them, swapping stories and getting information about the area. These people are extremely personable! When they learned we liked to hike and explore they pointed us to the Payne's Prairie state park which we enjoyed immensely. Their advice on restaurants was great too. There's a wine and snack event at 5PM where you can meet other interesting people. The room had a massage tub that we really liked after a long day's hike. Also there are several entertaining outdoor cats to bond with. If you need a change from the usual hotels I really recommend the Laurel Oak Inn!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Great setting, fabulous location, superb B&B. The Laurel Oak is an immaculately restored Victorian a short walk to the downtown restaurants and the walking trail. Monta was a great host, his recommendation to visit Payne's Prarie State Park was right on. Everything about the Laurel Oak Inn was excellent.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong with any of the rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Truly the best B&B I have ever experienced. My wonderful host Monta made it look so easy. This place is a study of what every B&B should be. On My recent business trip to Gainesville Florida I was treated to 2 nights in the Lilac Suite with my own private balcony with kerosene lamps, rockers and throw blankets. Just a few of the details that make this place great. The owners show true restraint in the soothing and elegant decor instead of cutesied-up like most B&B's. Don't dare miss the breakfast and a short SAFE walk down the street to the Hippodrome Theatre and plenty of restaurants.

Room Tip: The other rooms may have jacuzzi tubs but I prefer the old claw-foot tub and the private balcony in the Lilac Room overlooking the back yard garden.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2013

When my partner booked us into a "b&b" on our recent road trip, I wasn't expecting The Laurel Oak Inn. We drove into a gorgeous tree lined street, close to downtown Gainesville, and were immediately struck by the prettiness and romance of the property. Monta greeted us as we drove in and showed us to our room (Lavender) as well as pointing out many aspects of the property and our room. I was amazed at the prettiness of the property and the rooms (if they are not occupied, the doors are open and you can check out the other rooms) and of particular note are the hosts attention to detail. There was nothing impersonal here - like so many hotels you might book into - and you could help yourself to homemade treats in the dining room and enjoy refreshments, which were available 24 hours. Monta and Peggy sat down with us one late afternoon for a glass of vino and we chatted as if we had known them for ages - they are truly accomplished at making their guests feel at home. I also loved the decor of the rooms downstairs and their outside veranda - full of fabulous and one-off pieces which separates this true gem from bland chains. Don't even think twice about booking: go for it! If I get the chance to visit Gainesvill again (or anywhere close) I will book in immediately.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This was my second time staying at The Laurel Oak Inn, and both stays were wonderful. The feel of the house is welcoming and warm, and the rooms make one feel right at home. The small touches like the turned back bed with chocolates, the cookies left in the foyer, and the high-quality bath robes hanging perfectly on the bathroom door take this great place and turn it into a wonderful experience. The owners were extraordinarily accommodating and friendly. They cook great meals too!

We'd stay there anytime we are in Gainesville.

Room Tip: The Lilac room has a great outdoor balcony with rocking chairs. A perfect place for a glass of wine at the end of the day.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business