“WOW!!!”
Review of The Laurel Oak Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gainesville
The Laurel Oak Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Gainesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Truly the best B&B I have ever experienced. My wonderful host Monta made it look so easy. This place is a study of what every B&B should be. On My recent business trip to Gainesville Florida I was treated to 2 nights in the Lilac Suite with my own private balcony with kerosene lamps, rockers and throw blankets. Just a few of the details that make this place great. The owners show true restraint in the soothing and elegant decor instead of cutesied-up like most B&B's. Don't dare miss the breakfast and a short SAFE walk down the street to the Hippodrome Theatre and plenty of restaurants.

Room Tip: The other rooms may have jacuzzi tubs but I prefer the old claw-foot tub and the private balcony in...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 6, 2013

When my partner booked us into a "b&b" on our recent road trip, I wasn't expecting The Laurel Oak Inn. We drove into a gorgeous tree lined street, close to downtown Gainesville, and were immediately struck by the prettiness and romance of the property. Monta greeted us as we drove in and showed us to our room (Lavender) as well as pointing out many aspects of the property and our room. I was amazed at the prettiness of the property and the rooms (if they are not occupied, the doors are open and you can check out the other rooms) and of particular note are the hosts attention to detail. There was nothing impersonal here - like so many hotels you might book into - and you could help yourself to homemade treats in the dining room and enjoy refreshments, which were available 24 hours. Monta and Peggy sat down with us one late afternoon for a glass of vino and we chatted as if we had known them for ages - they are truly accomplished at making their guests feel at home. I also loved the decor of the rooms downstairs and their outside veranda - full of fabulous and one-off pieces which separates this true gem from bland chains. Don't even think twice about booking: go for it! If I get the chance to visit Gainesvill again (or anywhere close) I will book in immediately.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

This was my second time staying at The Laurel Oak Inn, and both stays were wonderful. The feel of the house is welcoming and warm, and the rooms make one feel right at home. The small touches like the turned back bed with chocolates, the cookies left in the foyer, and the high-quality bath robes hanging perfectly on the bathroom door take this great place and turn it into a wonderful experience. The owners were extraordinarily accommodating and friendly. They cook great meals too!

We'd stay there anytime we are in Gainesville.

Room Tip: The Lilac room has a great outdoor balcony with rocking chairs. A perfect place for a glass of wine...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Even if I spent only one night... I can say that:
the house is beautiful and very comfortable
the place is quiet
our hots are so kind and friendly
the breakfast is delicious (the chief cook is on top !!!)

the only small negative point would be a TV set very small...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Laurel Oak Inn is the best B&B that we have ever stay at. Peggy and Monta are wonderful hosts, excellent cooks, and very attentive to details. They offered up many suggestions for dinner/entertainment and were knowledgeable about the area. The B&B is centrally located and just about a 10-15 minute walk to downtown. It is in a nice quiet neighborhood. We parked at the Inn and walked the whole time. I recommend this place to anyone and can't wait to return. The rooms/house/grounds were beautifully maintained, We stayed in the Lilac Room and loved it. Comfy beds, nice high thread count sheets, a private porch, and beautiful bathroom. Upon Monta's suggestion we took a hike at Paynes Prairie State Preserve-La Chua Trail (only about 5 minutes away by car) and had the pleasure of seeing wild horses! Can't wait for a return visit!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed one night and the owners were very friendly and nice, we met other guests and it was very enjoyable. Our room had a twin size bed though that wasn't very comfortable so I would recommend you stay in the other rooms.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

The best B&B I have been to. Such attention to detail. Great breakfasts. Super hospitality. We went there without knowing anything about it and were so pleasantly surprised. It is a beautifully restored house from 1885 but the thing that makes it is Monta and Peggy. They are great.