I recently stayed at this HO JO in Gainesville. we had booked 3 rooms with the hotel. Upon checking all three rooms had a bad smell to them. The carpet was stained and soiled in many spots. THe hotel clims to have been renovated and remodeld 2 years gao but teh linens and bed prove otherwise. In two of our three room the bed were worn down to the springs. The shets were worn so thin they had holes. I was disgusted to put my head on teh pillow care or pillow for that matter. More so, the springs were so bad i had to ask fo a pillow to pad my side form teh springs and i was told the hotel didn't have any extra pillows. They did somewhow scounge up three but those were the oldes and gross pillows i have ever sen. I am not comparing this to a five star hotel i am comparing it to any other HO JO. to make matters worse the fire alam in one room was runnign on a lowbattery and beeped though out the night. The folowing day we asked for the battery to be changed and they were unable to give us a new battery. The guest service agent handed us a used battery and told us to replace it. Of course when we did the alarm still beeped becasue that battery was also low.
More so the staff was not friendly. They will not bring anything to you, you must go get it and the two members incountered were rude.
Over all this hotel is not worth you stay. However some may get left with noe choice when Gainesville is busy and every where else is booked booked because no one wants to stay here unless they can't get anyother room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are newly remodeled and finished our remodel late 2010. We now have new bed, new bedspreads, new carpets, new exterior, new interiors and offer a quaint breakfast selection. We still have our sparkling clean pool, and plenty of parking. We accommodate students, parents, truckers and travelers of all kinds, though, we are sorry we do not accept pets. We are conveniently located close to the Football stadium of the University of Florida, Shands Hospital, the VA Hospital, Gainesville Airport, and Gainesville Racetrack (home of GatorNational). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Express Inn Gainesville FL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Express Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
- Howard Johnson Gainesville
- Gainesville Howard Johnson