The room with 2 double beds was a bit on the smaller side, but not at all tight, it was still comfortable. The bathroom was quite small but still manageable. The room and bathroom were quite clean, but the furniture was a bit scratched and the bathroom had minor cracks in the tile, and though neither was very old, both could have been updated. The carpet and bedding were in excellent condition. The water temperature and pressure was terrific. The continental breakfast was only adequate at best, but the motel was almost across the street from an IHOP. The location was great - in between the highway and the university, on the main incoming drag that most of the hotels are on, but the motel is set way back from the street, so there is no street noise at all. Also, the general ambience is quiet and relaxing - perhaps because of the time of year and the motel not being full, but one has the impression that it is always so. The staff - both the owner/managers who seem to live there, and the cleaning staff were very friendly and accommodating. A good size refrigerator and a small microwave were positives, as was the rustic but generous outdoor space that included a volleyball court and picnic benches along with a small outdoor pool. This motel had another big plus for me - the window in the room actually could open! Overall, one of my more positive hotel experiences at any price!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are newly remodeled and finished our remodel late 2010. We now have new bed, new bedspreads, new carpets, new exterior, new interiors and offer a quaint breakfast selection. We still have our sparkling clean pool, and plenty of parking. We accommodate students, parents, truckers and travelers of all kinds, though, we are sorry we do not accept pets. We are conveniently located close to the Football stadium of the University of Florida, Shands Hospital, the VA Hospital, Gainesville Airport, and Gainesville Racetrack (home of GatorNational). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Express Inn Gainesville FL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Express Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
- Howard Johnson Gainesville
- Gainesville Howard Johnson