“Great Value for the Money”

Howard Johnson Express Inn Gainesville FL
Ranked #18 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We were not looking for anything fancy and just a night's stay as we were passing through Gainesville. We selected HoJo Express Inn as an affordable stop. The Inn is about 4 minutes off the I-75 interchange but a relatively easy find.
We were greeted in a very friendly manner and was quickly in our room. Now remember that this is a budget type in so our room was pretty basic but clean and likely recently remodeled. No flat screen TV's here but I am not here to watch TV. The king bed was comfortable (I slept through the night so that is a very good sign).
Breakfast was the minimal selection of juice, cereal, yogurt and muffins but quite alright (remember budget).
The exterior property is nicely designed with a very homey look. The pool area was nice and they also had a side lot with volleball and a garden.
The staff was very friendly and courteous.
For the same driving through Gainesville stop, I would recommend and return to Howard Johnson's Express Inn.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Howard Johnson, this is the first time having someone treat me with respect. I was expecting a lot worse and I was surprised by how the manager was very professional and curtious. I look foward to going back there in september for a weekend stay.

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor it was very quiet and peaceful.
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Bed was fine...clean with good support. Old picture tube tv but worked fine, except batteries in remote were weak. Friendly staff would have fixed that if I had asked. Fridge and microwave clean. Included breakfast had coffee, sugar cereals, oatmeal, yogurt, packaged breakfast breads, and real milk...something for everyone. No bugs, some plumbing noise, but relaxing overall

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I was impressed to the quality of the hotel. The room was very clean and the overall staff was great. they were helpful in every aspect from checking in to checking out. The price was right as well. I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are quieter. can get relaxing sleep...
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I travel on business to Gainesville and have been looking for a safe and convenient place to stay. LOVED this place: it reminded me of the small motels of the '50s and 60's, not because it was dated in the least, but because it is hospitable and warm.
It is quiet, clean and full of travelers not "energetic" college students. The owners are very polite, and I have just booked a room for my next assignment in G'ville.

Room Tip: For those with stair aversion (translation: joints which are challenged), just ask for a downstairs...
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have had mixed experiences at the hotels in Gainesville over the years. I always have a good experience at this hotel, which is reasonably priced. Whenever I am traveling to Gainesville I search this hotel first.

This hotel is clean, the staff is friendly. Convenient to everything.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2012

What a cute place! I was in Gainesville for a basketball camp at UF and could not get a room Where herteam was staying so I booked here. The bed was more comfortable than mine at home. The staff was so friendly and the room was clean! Very reasonable. My only regret was I could only stay one night. Great view of nature from the room as well.