“if you love to sample various bbq sauces on quality meats...”
Review of Kay Brothers Barbque - CLOSED

Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: (352) 505-5772
Description: (352) 505-5772
Tampa, Florida
“if you love to sample various bbq sauces on quality meats...”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been to Kay Brother's BBQ a few times and have never left unhappy. From quality burgers with all the fixings to brisket, chicken, beef, pork, ribs, you will have tough decisions to make. The side dishes are all the standard ones you would expect. Try the garlic green beans! I still haven't had it all and look forward to more! The prices are a bit higher than some BBQ places but the portions are good and the quality is excellent.

• Visited November 2012

Florida
“so close and yet so far.”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Okay let me start out by saying the employees were friendly and the baby-back ribs were excellent! However...I do not like trying to eat a meal with plastic silverware and in plastic baskets. Instant downer for me. Give me a real plate and grown-up real utinsils. Back to the food. The mashed potatoes were simple and good. Thank goodness for no chunks of garlic or rosemary. The green beans were just nasty. I go to a bbq restaurant and order green beans as a side they need to be cooked with a little onion, and bacon or ham, and a few quality spices. I got al dente and covered in garlic. I like garlic but the fumes from this were so strong I almost thru my plate away. Lastly, the cornbread. Very good cornbread. Little dry but very tasty. Sure wish there would have some butter or honey anywhere in sight. Dry cornbread without butter is bleah. So to sum up...good bbq meat, hate the plastic, 50/50 on the sides. Like most gainesville restaurants they get some things right and the rest is horribly wrong.

• Visited March 2012