“Great food, OK service.”

Perkins Family Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #243 of 588 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

My dining experience at Perkins™ was pretty good!!
We got sat down in almost no wait! When my 11 year old friend asked for a plate of mushrooms, they gave then to her! My French Toast was AWESOME (but messy!)!
The service was OK because when we asked for our cookies, the staff seemed confused and accidentally messed up our order.
All in all... This restaurant was..... GOOD

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I don't usually waste time reviewing chain restaurants, but this one needs a review so people can avoid it. We have been happy with other Perkins in the past, and know what to expect. This isn't it.
Dirty silverware and a table that needed more cleaning started our visit. The server was friendly, but very busy. After a long wait, we got served ahead of some others seated before us - a nearby table talked to the manager about his lost order. My omelet was runny and didn't have much added to make it an "Everything" Omelet. I also received the wrong side order and my wife never received hers. Nobody refilled the coffee. Our server eventually showed up with the check, and finally to ask how things were. By then it was too late. We just wanted to get back on the road.
If it had been just been us, I would give them the benefit of the doubt, but at least 4 other tables around us had the same or worse experience as we did. I hope they make some improvements.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stop here for breakfast occasionally. Servers always pleasant and professional. Breakfast menu ok. Food is not fancy ---- doesn't compare well with the menu. The place is conveniently located for those times when I need to get breakfast here.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

It's Perkins it the same menu the dinning room is different. The staff was friendly, and the service was quick.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I went to eat breakfast here as I recognized its name and it was close. It was a long wait to be seated, and a longer wait to see a waitress.
Menu choices were good and the food was very good, but they were far too busy for number of servers they had. Servers were friendly and nice but too over worked. Also had to wait to check out. Hopefully someone had just not showed up for work and it's not like this usually .