“Good East Asian Food”

Ranked #133 of 570 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Asian
“Good East Asian Food”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

New to me in Gainesville. Located on Bivens Arm Lake with seating overlooking natural Florida lake with nice plants and wildlife. Wonderful wait service. Food was delicious. Really impressed with tempura vegetables and fish soup. Went twice in two weeks. Will go again soon. Nice around 5 p.m. when the sun is still coming from the west and spotlighting the trees on the far shore.

• Visited November 2013

Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
“Slow service --Did I SAY SLOW!!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

look, i like to leave decent reviews, but the service here is SLOW and it makes the entire experience bad. If I could find the owner I would prefer to tell them then to leave a bad review, but alas, not manager in sight.

Good Luck!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank ScottT608
Gainesville, Florida
“Unusual Asian-Fusion Under the Stars”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The food at Chop Stix is well above average for the Gainesville area, and some dishes are outstanding. The large open deck is a delight in fine weather, but the interior can be noisy and distracting. Service is friendly but sometimes forgetful. We go often.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank George E
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
“Wonderful, relaxing dinner overlooking the lake”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I am visiting Gainesville for the month and was craving Thai food. I was turned off from Bahn Thai and Tim's Thai by some recent scathing reviews. This place was good, even though it is Pan-Asian. What makes it spectacular is the view over the lake. The service was truly top-notch, quick, professional. The food was good. Not the best Thai food I have had, but good. We will be back to try the Pad Thai!

• Visited September 2013
Gainesville, Florida
“Good prices, good food, service is lacking a bit”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was my first time here. It was not overly crowded (many were seated outdoor), so we had no wait. I had a hankering for something with fried rice, but decided on a Vietnamese dish, Ap Chao with chicken. I thought it was good and I enjoyed the vegetables in it. The only problem was the noodles were a bit overcooked for me. I was attempting to use chopsticks, but the noodles fell apart easily. I didn't think the service was terrible, but it could have been better. The portions are certainly large enough. We were seated by one person, then our order was taken by someone, then another person took our app order. The app didn't come, so I went and checked on it, and it came out just before our meal. I thought everyone was adequate as far as service goes: patient, attentive, helpful, and friendly. The decor is nice and it's located in a nice center, Thornbrook Village. As I mentioned, there is outdoor seating, which looked very inviting. I plan to go again.

• Visited September 2013