“Vegan Ice Cream? Our Family's Dream Come True”
Review of Karma Cream

Karma Cream
Ranked #4 of 31 Dessert in Gainesville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Port Saint Lucie
“Vegan Ice Cream? Our Family's Dream Come True”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Our family accidentally discovered Karma Cream. My wife was convinced, from the business name and attractive, unique exterior, that this could be a place that serves non-dairy ice cream. We pulled up, she went inside to inquire, and would you know it, she came out with thumbs up. What a treat. As a family of five, including three young children, all working to follow our conscience (i.e., avoiding dairy and the misery it produces), discovering Karma Cream felt like we were being rewarded by good karma. Not only did the place offer a significant variety of vegan ice cream, the chocolate ice cream was “fair-trade”! (If you didn’t know, a significant portion of the world’s chocolate supply is produced by child and slave labor; fair-trade chocolate, in contrast, is slave-free.) The most exciting aspect of the visit, from my taste buds perspective, was the discovery of a vegan mocha frapp, comprised of chocolate ice cream, espresso, and almond milk, that at the very least rivaled and perhaps even put to shame my once favorite Mocha Frapp from Starbucks. The only downside is that I don’t live in Gainesville and I can’t very well have this drink shipped to me!!!! Beyond ice cream Karma Cream also offers a variety of vegan baked goods: cookies, rice crispy treats, brownies. Another specialty, which my wife enjoyed, was a vegan reuben sandwich. (Small, a bit pricey, but, she tells me, scrumptious nonetheless.) Who says vegans don’t get to indulge their taste buds? In 24-hours we stopped by twice. Karma Cream synergizes compassionate, cruelty-free food with pure deliciousness.

• Visited March 2012

Been to Karma Cream? Share your experiences!