“Best cupcakes ever!”
Review of Sarkara Sweets - CLOSED

Sarkara Sweets
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I can't believe how moist every cupcake I have tried has been. They have tons of exotic flavors and even let you create your own combinations. The atmosphere inside is great, friendly staff and a cute lounge in the back if you decide to eat there. Definitely on my list of best desserts ever.

There are newer reviews for Sarkara Sweets

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Adorable, delicious cupcakes. Love all the surrounding unique shops and the local art gallery (Gainesville Artisans' Guild Gallery) nearby. Great area to browse, eat, shop and stroll.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

This place is to die for. And proof that you should never assume a bakery won't be vegan-friendly just because there's not a sign on the door!
At Sarkara you design your own custom cupcake. There are dozens each to choose from for your cupcake base, frosting, filling and topping. All of the cupcakes and frostings are vegan (yes, even the cream cheese and marshmallow frosting), and most of the filling and toppings too (but for those you have to ask to find out which ones aren't vegan, there's just a few!).

Not only is that THE COOLEST THING EVER, but the cupcakes also actually taste really, really good and are super fresh and moist.

But there's more....!! The cafe itself is super cute and retro and there are board games to play and bean bag chairs to sit on!

1  Thank palapi
Reviewed May 31, 2012

They make delicious cupcakes. Highly recommended if you don't mind paying the prices they ask for them. I'm not a cupcake expert so I'm not sure if their prices are high or not. I ordered some for friends who had a baby and they were delivered to them and scarfed down immediately.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I love this place - it has made me from cupcake neutral into cupcake lover.

It is run by a two charming twins and the general concept is one of 'design your own cupcake'. There are oodles of combinations and have never made my own. They have a great selection of pre-designed cupcakes which I love. They are sweet (its a cupcake), moist and have great flavor combinations. Whenever I am in Gainesville I go here and whenever I taste cupcakes I compare them to this place.

This place started me on a cupcake run and I still find this place has the best ones.