“Good food, GREAT service, can't beat the value!”
Review of Cody's Original Roadhouse - CLOSED

Cody's Original Roadhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: You'll only need to look around Cody's to see why "Original" is our middle name. You'll enter an era gone by, when things were simpler, more casual and definitely more relaxed. Tubs of roasted peanuts are available throughout for snackin', crackin' or throwin' on the floor. You'll enjoy Cody's fresh cut, flame broiled, USDA prime and choice Steaks, Prime Rib, Rotisserie Chicken, Pork Back Ribs, Fresh, Fresh Fish, Burgers, Fajitas and more. At Cody's, we're proud of our expert cooking skills and we've put the grill front and center for your viewing.All told, Cody's Original Roadhouse is a fun, casual, family friendly Roadhouse that serves "Just Plain Good Food®". You won't go home hungry or broke - you'll just go home happy!
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had made several special requests for our meal, our server was very attentive, fun and happy to make our stay feel warm, welcomed and enjoyable. Music was light rock and was not too loud, food was excellent and many great choices. Restaurant was busy, but not packed on a Tuesday night. Great job, Cody's!!!!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Visited with three friends recently for lunch while in Gainesville on a Friday. We followed the typical 12-1 lunch crowd which worked out great. They did have some happy hour special w/ buy one get one free on drafts and surprisingly wine. My friends got drafts, I ordered Cabernet Sav. they brought out two glasses of a house red, it was a thin-ish Cabernet but ok for lunch. I had the mahi-mahi sandwich which was grilled and side of Broccoli that was steamed properly and not over done. My friends enjoyed their meals, one salmon the other fish & chips. It was a fine meal, I tend to not do the franchise places, preference given to local establishments. Would go again with average expectations, the 2 for 1 drink special was a nice find.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My son ordered the brisket and it was horrible, we told the waitress and she just laughed and said I'll get the Mgr. The Mgr came over and said she's been trying for months to get it removed from the menu because no one likes it and that was it; took it off our bill but didn't offer to bring anything else or comp us an appetizer / nothing. The waitress came and said do you want something else; but we had all finished our meals by then. My salmon was very good, small portion but tasty BUT my husband had the $20 ribeye and it had no flavor and a huge chunk of fat on both ends. We were not impressed with Cody's and will not return.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Took my daughter and her friend who are students at UF to dinner there. Good meal at a good price. Even had enough for them to take leftovers home. Good rolls too! I also enjoyed the 2 for 1 happy hour drinks.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We're not fans of chain restaurants generally, but we really enjoyed Cody's while we lived in Gainesville. The peanuts are a nice treat while you wait...but this isn't the sort of place to go to with any type of nut allergies.

Their soup/salad combo was a great value; I always ordered the baked potato soup along with a salad with their divine white balsamic vinaigrette. Yum! The cinnamon butter on the rolls is delicious, and we loved their fried mushrooms. Pretty much everything we ordered from here was better than expected - again, this is especially true because of our low chain-restaurant expectations.

Wednesdays were 2-for-1 fajitas while we were living there. It's a great value!