“The 3 "C"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Ottawa
“The 3 "C"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

Central, Clean and Courteous. Located in an area convenient to shopping and entertainment. This motel provide a clean, welcoming accommodation for travelers who have a few hours to spare and would like to go to a movie and/or choose a nice restaurant to have a meal. Have always experienced a good nights sleep.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

Well as we arrived I looked at the rooms and I thought that I saw an episode of cops here (which probably happened) the rooms were disgusting I killed 5 cock roches in 1 hour but at least there's fun for the kids they can play in the rat infested pool or play with the hookers outside so on a scale from one to ten it was horrible don't stay here EVER!!!

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank Ryanmw14

Travelers are raving about these Gainesville hotels

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Our room was dirty, had bugs, cigarette burns on the comforter and a blanket that looked and felt like it was 20 years old. There were no pictures on the walls, no drawers and not even a toilet lid. I was awoken both mornings of our stay by the housekeeping staff who were yelling across the property. And when I arrived, I was told that they would not honor the rate that I had booked on-line. I had to speak to the manager the next morning to get the rate that I had booked.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Delray Beach, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

It was freezing the night we stayed here. There was a heater in the room but it was very noisy so you had to choose between staying up all night from the noise of the heater or from the cold! Water in sink was either very cold or very hot. The shower seemed to be okay. There was some kind of insect or roach trap by the bed.

The gentleman at the front desk was very helpful and nice. The price was great as they were running some kind of special so only $39.

People checked in at 3 a.m. and made a lot of noise and kept waking us up.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Las Vegas, NV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

My family and I stayed in this motel for a few weeks, and the expierence was the worst we have ever had. It started off with us having no towels... and the ones we did get were dirty!!! The room was never cleaned... we finally pulled all the sheets off the bed to make sure the house keepers would change our sheets... they came in the room and put a comforter over the top of the pile of sheets without ever making the bed or changing the sheets to clean new ones. There were a lot of drunks that hung around the outside of our room that would scream and carry on until about 4:00 in the morning. Finally after about a week of this, we had enough and my boyfriend finally said something to the drunks about trying to keep it down, this caused them to start calling our room at all hours of the night cussing us out. Mind you we have a 4 year old daughter that is trying to get some sleep. At this point... now we are really pissed off!! So, my boyfriend goes down to the office to tell them about the issues we are having, the office staff were aware of the drunks... because these people live there most of the time. Nothing was done about it. We tried to stay one more night because money was tight.... until we saw the roach crawling up the wall..... we checked out and will NEVER go back!!! I would not recommend this place to anyone!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
new jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

This ranks up there with one of the worst places I have ever stayed and I travel a lot. The room was supposed to be non-smoking but the smell of smoke was overpowering. When we pulled back the spread we found a cigarette butt laying on the blanket. We asked for a room change and were given the room next door (it was no better). The bathroom had 1 bath towel even though we were in a double room. This place was just terrible! It gives me the creeps just thinking about it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

Look people - it's a Motel Freakin' 6, what do you expect? We were in town for the UFL graduation weekend. We basically needed a place to sleep, clean up and that's about it - we weren't expecting anything fancy, and it suited us just fine for that purpose. As a frequent business traveler myself, I have stayed in plenty of "Bates Motels," so I know disgusting when I see it (or stay in one) and this is nowhere near that bad. If all you need is what I described above, it's perfectly fine. Luckily for us, we did not experience what a lot of other reviewers did. There were a few (and I mean few, like 2 or 3 day) little fruit fly type bugs, but nothing huge or bad - after all, it is Florida and there could have been a lot worse. I checked out this Motel 6 via Trip Advisor before we left, so I had a few concerns, but they were mostly unfounded once we got there. By looking on the web, I knew that the Wi-Fi would be $2.99 a day, so I was not surprised by that, but the surprise gem about that was it worked all weekend long for the price of only one day :)
I purchased a Wi-Fi access card when we got there and it worked all the days that we were there, not just the first (you're supposed to buy a new one every 24 hours), so yea about that. Other guests were very inconsiderate and loud all night long (talking loudly throughout all hours of the night), so that was very unpleasant, but I don't blame the staff of Motel 6 for inconsiderate guests. This is a request to anyone who stays in a Hotel or Motel - [--] between the hours of 10 PM - 8 AM as there are other paying guests staying at the motel that would like to get some sleep !!!! In summary - again, nothing fancy, but if all you need is a place to crash that is above average clean and affordable, I actually would recommend this Motel 6.

• Stayed May 2009