“Not so good” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Gainesville - Univ. of Florida

You added Motel 6 Gainesville - Univ. of Florida to your Saves list
Motel 6 Gainesville - Univ. of Florida
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4000 SW 40th Boulevard, I-75 at Exit #75, Gainesville, FL 32608   |
Ranked #37 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Augusta, ME
“Not so good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Because I travel with a dog, and because I resent having to pay pet fees, which Motel 6 does not charge, I stay at quite afew facilities in this chain. I usually check TripAdvisor first, and go by the average recommendatins, but on this one I did not get a chance to check Wish I had. Room was shabby, did not feel clean (not an issue the maids could address--it was just plain old and dirty), it smelled, and I could not wait to get out of the place. Bed was ok. Really small room. No bed bugs that I could find, though. I won't go back to this one.

Room Tip: Keep on driving.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Terre Haute, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I usually stay at Motel 6's, however this was one of the worst. 1 bed a little firm and one bed wore out. holes in the sheets, smaller than most motel 6's. Not worth the money, move onto the next motel 6.

Room Tip: check room out before paying.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Gainesville hotels

Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The room was very basic, this is the classic, old style Motel 6 room.

We did not have any bug problems that others had reported.

The bathroom was clean, but don't expect alot of toiletries or plush towels. Just soap and thin towels.

The front desk staff were super friendly.

For a football weekend, the price was better than most places in town, and for a place to sleep for the night, it suited our purposes.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank anony
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Yeah, bed bugs in three rooms. We were staying here not by choice. It was the weekend of the beginning of school, so they were our only choice. The rooms were not great, but that's part of the price. But I'm paying to sleep safe in a clean room. And then I got bitten by bed bugs. I found one and captured it in a cup. I kindly delivered it to the front office manager, and told him that I think he left "this" in our room. He offered 10% off and I offered to call the health department. He comp'ed three nights. That's the only way this made up for that... Have you ever been bitten by bed bugs? No? Well. That .. sucks, for two weeks.....

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Angela M
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I have stayed at many Motel 6s across the country and even this one in Gainesville has gone downhill since I started going there in August of 2006. There IS always bugs in the room, MANY fleas in the bed, a few microwaves and refrigerators (need them in EVERY room), DRUNKS in the parking lot talking loud and disrupting any peace you'd hope to find, lumpy mattresses, FILTHY carpets, DIRTY bathrooms, UGLY, outdated, NASTY bedspreads, blankets, pillows and mattress covers....if you can call them that.....flat...not the fitted kind, no covers on the pillows and I even had one pillow case that did NOT fit the pillow! What's up with that??????? This motel NEEDS to be completely done over. It's outdated, old and dirty. I stay there because they are pet friendly, but, feel the carpets need to be removed and replaced with wood or tile to make it easier to clean the floors because (in my experience) people do NOT give a crap about others' property and will allow their nasty animals to "rule the roost"!!!!!!!!!! BUT........they do that with their kids, so, why would they be any different with their pets???? I ALWAYS clean the room when I get there, put MY towels on the floors so me nor my pets will NOT get anyone else's "toe jam", etc. I am going back soon and I am bringing my own linens, rug shampooer and vaccum. Why do I bother? Pet friendly.....that's the ONLY reason! If you don't have pets, don't stay here! (:

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you don't have pets!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Lee N
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this motel on our way home from a family visit. We chose it for easy access from the freeway. The room seemed to be newly painted and/or renovated. It was small, but clean and adequate for a one night stay. They had WiFi available for a small daily charge. I normally expect WiFi to be free, but considering the low cost of the room (about $45 total) we would have paid for it, if we'd been staying longer. Neither did they have breakfast, just coffee, but there were restaurants nearby. If you're looking for a clean place just to sleep and shower, this will do. I'd give it a 3.5.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank savvyseniors
United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stayed here enroute to Florida on New Year's Eve kind of expecting it might not be that great...but ourfriends were staying here because it is a pet friendly motel.
It turned out to be fine. The front office staff were very accommodating . We changed rooms 3x because we wanted a room closer to the office and further from the dogs and there was no issue. The rooms are small but they were clean and maintained. The tv worked fine, the shower was great. It is close to dining and shopping. The other motel guests we came across were quiet seniors also traveling. Really what more do you need for an overnight stay along the way???

• Stayed December 2011