“SO Much Fun!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Half Cork'd - CLOSED

Half Cork'd
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Seating
Description: "Premium wine, beer and bubbles bar".
Charlotte, North Carolina
“SO Much Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Whether you're looking for a great date spot, a good place to catch up with friends you haven't seen in a while, a place to start or end a girls' night out, or even somewhere to go with family or business acquaintances, Half Cork'd is your place. They have several great seating areas for relaxing in privacy and the music is never too loud- two things that make for great conversations. On top of that, the self-serve wine machines are not only incredibly practical for those of us who are wine newbies, but they really are fun! I've found several of my new favorite wines at Half Cork'd, and I never would have known about them or tried them if they hadn't been in the machines. Two other things that I LOVE at HC- the infused liquors (pineapple is awesome) and the mustard cheese on the cheese plate- SO GOOD. Definitely one of my favorite spots; I have never had a bad experience there!

• Visited March 2013

“So much fun!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Got a "Get my Perks" card there over a year ago and have been several times. It is so much fun to try new wines in their self service machines. Food is limited but decent portions and no tipping!!! You gotta experience it :)

Visited April 2013
“Tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Half Cork'd is a great place for those of us that are new to the world of wines. I truely enjoyed trying a bunch of different wines from different regions. I felt very comfortable being able to just pick one of the many different ones and just trying an ounce. Once I found my favorite, I was able to buy a bottle to take home. AWESOME!!!

• Visited February 2013
“Excellent and Unique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I met some friends there for wine. Great atmosphere with the ability to talk with our friends without loud music. Great selections of various wines and champagnes. Really relaxing and comfortable as well as classy. We will be back for the liquor tastings and wine classes. I would highly recommend Half Cork'd to anyone and everyone.

lake City, Florida, USA
“Neat Place for Wine Enthusiast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Located right on a corner amid an assortment of other bars & restaurants and just a block down from the Hipp Theater. They have complimentary Valet parking til 11:30 and no they don't mind if you go elsewhere as long as you do pop-in with them at some point. The concept of this place is great. They have a couple dozen assorted wines "on tap". You purchase a card for $5, which is registered and never expires. You then put as much as you want on the card and you simply walk around, decide which wine you would like, insert the card into the dispenser and choose Taste( 1oz.) Half Glass( 3oz.) or Full Glass( 6oz. ). Prices vary greatly depending on the wines. I sampled many by using the Taste feature and they ranged anywhere from $1.45 to $15.00 but the majority at the lower end of that. They also have at least one dispenser I saw that had Bourbon, Vodka & Gin. They have a bar where you may order other types of wine and beer as well as a nice selection of "nibbles"; meat, cheese platters and some warm dip type foods. The staff is great. Friendly and knowledgeable, making you feel comfortable and welcome. If you are in any way a wine enthusiast, curious or just looking for a neat little place to take a few friends, i don't think you would go wrong with this place. P.S>. I myself am not that into wine, my wife is, but I greatly enjoyed this place.

• Visited October 2012