“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Hobe Sound, Florida
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. In fact, it was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in. Everyone at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. The young man attending to the breakfast supplies was also very pleasant and helpful. Any food that ran out was quickly replenished. Breakfast was sufficient--eggs, sausage, waffles, english muffins, bagels, toast, mini blueberry and bran muffins, cold cereal, instant oatmeal/grits, and juice. it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank divingkatie
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our Lodge. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and I am so glad that we met your expectations. I am happy to hear that you loved our double sided Euro top mattresses and that you had a great night sleep. I will let my breakfast staff know how you enjoyed the food and their smiles so they can see how that have postively impacted your stay. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Teresa Roberson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My family & I booked 2 rooms at The Lodge at Gainesville for my graduation from the University of Florida. Although the rooms were booked separately, since we checked-in together we were able to get adjoining rooms on the second floor. We had booked 2 executive king rooms & they were certainly worth the money spent for one night ($137). Our rooms had a very comfortable king-sized bed, a mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, & a balcony with 2 chairs that was overlooking the parking lot. The bathroom was adequately sized, as was the room itself. Parking was included & we were able to park right next to the door that was closest to our room, which was always locked yet accessible by swiping our room key.

Happy hour, or HOURS would be more appropriate, was the highlight of our stay! From 5pm-7pm, the lobby bar offers all you can drink draft beer (which has limited choices), house wine, and well drinks. My family & I very much enjoyed consuming our complimentary drinks in the well-decorated lobby, which truly had the ambiance of a cabin in the woods. We loved the décor & the amount of seating space in the lobby area to enjoy our drinks & each other's company! After happy hour, we were able to walk to the Gainesville Ale House to enjoy dinner ... & a couple more drinks! Later in the evening, we took advantage of the pool for a night swim. The water was VERY warm & the pool had nice depth, ranging from 3 feet up to 9 feet. There was also a hot tub on the premises, but it was out of order during our stay.

In the morning, we did take advantage of the complimentary breakfast for a snack before heading over to campus for graduation. Breakfast had many choices, but seemed limited in hot choices. Whatever hot food was available was scarfed up quickly by the large amount of people present so we didn't have the opportunity to try any hot food. But, there was cereal, yogurt, bagels, fruit salad, and baked goods available for us to munch on. The hotel was in the perfect location; right next to the interstate (I-75) with easy access to campus & a variety of restaurants on Archer Road.

All-in-all, we greatly enjoyed our stay & would not hesitate to stay here again in the future! This hotel is highly recommended by all in my family! :)

2 Thank EnjoyingLife23
Thanks for taking the time to post this wonderful review. I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our Lodge. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and it always makes me happy when I read comments like this. I am so glad that you were able to enjoy our lovely cocktail reception. It is a big highlight for our guest at the Lodge. I am sorry that you weren't able to enjoy our great hot breakfast bar. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Greenwood, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

At the end of a long drive (thirteen hour drive from Indiana) I came to this oasis!
The Lodge at Gainesville (Florida)
Had complimentary drinks and snacks when I arrived.
My room was clean, quiet and the bed was awesome. After a great sleep, I had a nice hot breakfast and was on my way.
YES I would recommend this chain to anyone.
Thx !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks for taking the time to post this great review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and it makes me smile when I hear that our guest have really enjoyed themselves at our Lodge.I am glad that you were able to take part in the complimentary happy hour and breakfast,Those are two great extras that our guest really enjoy. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Orlando, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We booked around 15 rooms for a group event. We have come to the Cabot for years. This year under the new management and name of "the lodge" we all experienced issues. Parties in the parking lot with car speakers until 1am, 2 rooms had bugs, 1 room had no water pressure. We were told they would comp the first night for 2 of us. They didnt. Not going back. No customer service. Horrible.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are quieter
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank 287533e
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. Without guest feedback some things could go unseen. I would like to apologize for your uncomfortable stay with us. I have tried reaching out to you by e-mail to offer you a complimentary night for your next visit with no luck. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and I am so sorry that we let you down. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed for a football week-end and were initially greeted by Ashley at the front desk. Bright, cheery and helpful; the type of service you don't always encounter. Although we had added a room separately, she made certain we retained the same room for all nights. Then we had the pleasure of being there for happy hour. FREE popcorn, beverages, beer and wine. Could not have been better. The staff interacts with the guests and appear truly pleased you are staying with them. WE WILL BE BACK !!! Thanks for a great weekend. Great location within walking distance of numerous restaurants and stores.

• 5 of 5 stars
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post this great review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and I am pleased to hear that we met your expectations. I will make sure to share this review with Ashley so she can see how she postively impacted your stay. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Loved the room. Very comfy beds and pillows! The breakfast was perfection. Lots of goodies..and the free happy hour topped it all off. Wonderful, attentive staff. Ask for a room on the third floor. Close to all attractions, including the Ichetucknee!

Room Tip: 3rd floor, less road noise.
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks for taking the time to post this great review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with great customeer service and I am so happy to hear that we met your expectations. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Longboat Key, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

First time staying at The Lodge. They offer a Gator parent rate which was nearly half the cost of the Hilton hotels during fall season move-in weekend. We stayed on the first floor. Beds were comfortable, but the room and bathroom smelled musty and moldy. We requested a handicap accessable room which was set up nicely. I think the carpet needs to be replaced and the bathrooms regrouted to remove the moldy smell. The room also felt very damp. Breakfast was good. Didn't get to try out the Happy Hour. I think next time I would pay a little extra to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: I would try a room above the first floor. Perhaps the first floor has a bigger problem with dampnes...
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. Without guest feedback some things could go unseen. I am very sorry about the musty smell in your room. I hope this has not deterred you from staying with us in the future. The next time you are in Gainesville please call me personally at 352-375-2400 and I will make sure you have a clean comfortable rooms free of any odor. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Regards,