“Better than I thought it would be”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #37 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
The Villages, Florida, United States
“Better than I thought it would be”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Was leery of staying because of past reviews and photos. Room was clean and neat. No bugs to be found. Apparantly place was cleaned up after 2012 advisors. Price is right and location is right on. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Book in advance Was full on night we stayed
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
BOB R, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, December 30, 2014
Dear sir,

Bob Rawal
Rodeway Inn, Gainesville
(352) 378-9240

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

The major plus - You can usually get a room for 1 night at a decent price for a football game. Other than that, I wouldn't recommend staying here. Can get much better room elsewhere. During our 1 night stay, killed 5 roaches in the bathroom. There were fleas in the grassy strip in front of our room. Marginally clean; blanket and bedspread had holes in them; very dated decor. Curtains didn't close all the way. TV remote didn't work- turned on/off but didn't Chang channels.

• Stayed September 2013

Travelers are raving about these Gainesville hotels

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed here as an extended stay for 3 very long weeks. Quoted price by phone when got there given $50 higher quote because of people and 3 month old puppy. All explained prior but nevertheless. 1st day exchange towels and told go across to quality inn have 2 go over there and walk 2 laundry where inventory of towels was done. Same amount has to be exchanged only amount of people in room no extras. Then told I could take my trash to dumpsters only get once a week cleaning on day you check in. Next incident was we have puppy on harness and leash and sit @ what I thought was public picnic table and was told by owner btw that interrupted my tanning to take my dog and walk him by dumpsters since his other relatives who are housekeppers want to come out and worship the tree and are terrified of all dogs. Nvr mind we paid pet fee. Other people who stayed there had 2 dogs with no leashes that played in traffic daily. Then the issue of the grass which was knee high and asked for week and half to cut puppy was bringing fleas in the room. Maintenance guy who NEVER bathes and has maybe 8 teeth total prob because of his habit didn't know when they could cut it. The list is never ending here but honestly if you have to come to gainsville to work it does have a decent weekly rate but it honestly is completely ridiculous from the owner harassing you about everything to having no respect for women due to their culture to drug dealers making deliveries like a damn pizza service that this truly is no place for a family or anybody with a pet or a temper. I promise you that you will want to punch the owner in the face just like I did on a daily basis. I just didn't want somebody else to be sucked into this godforsaken hell hole like we did.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank tbamorgan
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This "lodging complex" consists of a Rodeway Inn and Quality Inn apparently owned and operated by the same family.

There is not much I can add to the title of this review and the other recent reviews of this set of two disgusting motels. See "Myria E" and "George S" for more details.

The rooms are cheaply furnished, dirty, and in disrepair. The owner/managers (at least the older Indian (?) couple) are unfriendly and discourteous at least by American standards.

Do yourself a favor and stay at the nearest homeless shelter - i am sure it will be more comfortable and sanitary than this dump.

Room Tip: All rooms face the Interstate, so choose one of the many rooms with a really loud air conditioner th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Bill A
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Roaches, putrid smell in the bathroom, nasty maintenance man, continental breakfast was pre-wrapped honey buns. Manager does not care about the complaints and is NOT interested in making things better, he just said he would refund the charge and then hung up on me! I was only half way through my list of complaints for the ONE NIGHT stay I had!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank MYRIA E
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I stayed here Fri and Sat night this past weekend. What a mistake. DON"T STAY HERE!!!!! Here's a list of issues in no specific order:
- Horrible Wi-Fi more people logged in the slower it went and they can't have 60 5ooms..
- Phone was broke
- TV was broke
-1st service cvall placed after waiting 40 minutes to check in...
- 2 roomates I didn't invite (See pic)
- Toilet didn't flush
- 2nd service call placed after being there 1 1/2 hours... (
- A/C was lous till I fixed it, no need for 3rd service call
- Service guy was nice (Only bright spot)
- $125 a night, R U Kidin me???????
- Door squeeked everytime opened or closed

DON"T STAY HERE.... PERIOD!!!!

Room Tip: There isn't one
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank George S
Naples, Florida
Reviewed February 27, 2012

This is a review for the QUALITY INN at 3455 S.W. WILLISTON ROAD in Gainesville, right off I-75 at Exit #382 (rather than QUALITY INN UNIVERSITY), which does not show up on the TRIP ADVISOR list.

Having stayed at numerous CHOICE HOTELS properties throughout the country, this was one of our worst experiences. The A/C had a plastic deflector, which blasted all the air right onto the beds, and there was no way to re-direct the air flow, Sure, you could shut the A/C off completely, but then the room would get stuffy in just a few minutes.

In addition, soundproofing in the room was inadequate. You could clearly hear people speaking in the neighboring rooms even though they weren't talking very loud. The maintenance person admitted toi me that the walls were barebone, so to speak.

Last, but not least, the breakfast choices were the worst and most minimal I have seen in any Quality Inn, Comfort Inn, or Choice Inn in years.

Convenient I-75 location but not worth the price in my opinion.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business