“A Mixed Bag but would stay again.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #37 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
bradenton, fl
“A Mixed Bag but would stay again.”
Reviewed November 14, 2007

Newly remodeled rooms but some things left old and gruby like the bathroom door, switch plates and dirty switches. The towel heads just don't know clean: hair behind bathroom door, hair on shower wall. The carpet however did not make my socks black, the towels were thick and not too hard, and it was clean around the toilet seat.

What I really liked was the concrete block walls and how you hear nothing of either neighbor - very quiet rooms and it seemed pretty decent cars in the parking areas. Another plus was the breakfast - saved me time and $7 at the restaurant as they served up all the regular plus: yogurt, danish, and even excellent bisquits and sausage gravy !!

I think there was however a drug dealer up stairs in the back corner as a crazed looking rasta man kept dragging different people to the parking lot then would get out, run upstairs and come back down in 2-3 minutes. This went on about every hour and a half.

Still - I didn't feel threatened and went calmly to get fresh ice.

• Liked — quiet thick room walls, excellent breakfast
  • Disliked — rooms only partially remodeled and not the cleanest.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank artist56

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 7, 2007

The location was a short drive to the University and the center of Gainesville. Our room was clean and pleasant. We enjoyed the pool. The included breakfast was mediocre and not replenished promptly. The desk clerk didn't bother to say thank you when we checked out. A mixed bag.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JungleTrailJones
Florida
Reviewed May 26, 2007

We just stayed there for an evening during the week & I was skepticle after reading prevouis posts. We checked the room out before booking and it turned out to be clean & everything in working order. I think the new owner's are in the process of remoldleing the place. Pool was in a repair state so it was closed while we were there. Breakfast was average for a complimentary one and everything else semed to be ok. Not the Hilton but without that price tag too....

• Liked — Convient to event
  • Disliked — Very close tot !-75
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank emlodge
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 12, 2006

Made reservations on 11/28/05 to stay at this hotel for the NHRA Gatornationals and guaranteed it with my credit card. Nonetheless, I was contacted recently by the hotel informing me that the reservation I had made last year using a AAA discount was being cancelled because the hotel overbooked. Was also informed that this didn't happen until 1/31/06. So, obviously my reservation was cancelled because I had made it well before they had a chance or thought to inflate their prices for the event. I submitted a complaint against them with AAA of S. Florida so hopefully they'll lose their business relationship. I'm writing this review so everybody who reads can weigh whether or not to trust this establishment. I know that everybody within my business sales force across the US will never utilize another Quality Inn as long as I'm in charge.

• Stayed March 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Gainesville hotels

Florida
Reviewed March 3, 2006

This place was full of roaches. We even found a dead one under our covers. I even felt one crawl over my arm in the middle of the night. They never changed the sheets in our room the entire stay of five days. All they did was give us towels. Their breakfast is a joke and the management could care less about the people staying there and any complaints. Good luck if you choose to stay here as we would rather sleep in the street.

• Stayed February 2006
3 Thank Stlrfan1
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 17, 2005

when i stayed here at The Quailty Inn . I had a wonderful stay. when you walk through the lobby door it smells like home. the hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. My room was very clean,braekfast was over and beyond complinary compared to other hotels. My sister requested a room in the outside building which is older .She loved it due to she had a pet and was easy for her tp unload the car. yes I would refer other people to stay here. They do offer great prices.

• Stayed February 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Huntsville
Reviewed December 21, 2004

The Quality Inn on Williston is advertised as "convenient". It is if you want to get on the interstate and go to another exit. All of the pictures of the hotel look nice -- they must have been taken twenty-five years ago. The place is old, dirty, and in a horrid location. It had soil marks around the door, peeling pain on the door, mildew in the bathroom, and carpet that looked like it had not been vaccuumed. My "handicapped" room was located up a flight of stairs. I would never stay there again. It needs to be closed to remodel or razed!

• Stayed December 2004