“Close but gross.” 2 of 5 stars

ABC Motel
Ranked #40 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
“Close but gross.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

There was a blood stain on my sheets. When we arrived there were several lengths of hair in the unwashed bathtub - including the short, coarse and curly variety. There is no fridge. The front desk service was nice and the walk to campus for the game was easy and doable.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank ebounds

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
North Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2006

Stayed at the ABC Motel the weekend of the Florida/South Carolina game, when I checked in I knew it had been a mistake. There was a hole in the shower where the soapdish had been and the only covering was a tile propped up against it, cigarette burns ALL over the place, stained sheets, thread bare towels, hair all over the bathroom, cable didn't even work properly, smelled of urine. I even came home with pink eye and I've never had pink eye in my life. I know it was a football weekend but $100 a night for a room in that rathole was insane - once I checked in if I'd wanted to leave I would've been out the money - If I can give anyone any type of advice it is to AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE !!! Sleep in your car after the game and save yourself the money.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — For the love of God STAY AWAY I would feel terrible if I knew of any person who stayed there.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank ktbear
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2004

I stayed at the ABC in Oct. of 04, it wasn't half as bad as I thought it was going to be, the rooms were clean, the clerks were very helpful and nice, and the most important part was the price, for the price, it was definately worth it. I give the ABC a thumbs up, I had a great time in Gainesville, GO GATORS!!!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2004

Bad hotel, no maid service, no toilet paper, stained sheets, had to get our own towels, soap etc. Should be taken off the Super 8 list. Not to be confused with Rt 75 Super 8 which is a very nice hotel. Sign out front says " we rent by the week" ...sure sign of a bad motel

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member