“Good for what I paid”

Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good for what I paid”
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Was expecting a little more based on other reviews but hotel was fine. A little older but some updates done. Cheese stick wrapper behind night stand. Safe charge is ridiculous, be sure to ask them to remove it. Thin walls, noise in hall could clearly be heard in room. Front desk staff was pleasant. Free Wifi worked great. I would probably pay a little more and stay at a newer property next time but if you're looking for a basic hotel for a great price, this works!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, September 20, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Redroofinn and detailed feedback. I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof Inn Gainesville, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business.

Euihee Prekler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Lynn Haven
Reviewed September 2, 2010

I have been a Shands patient for many years and just discovered this Hotel last year and wish we had found it sooner. The staff is very friendly, professional and efficient. We appreciated our Shands discount rate very much. The property and facility is very well maintained with clean quite rooms. The proximity to the Hospitals, amenities, shopping and University is perfect. It is a breeze to get back on the Interstate and resume your trip.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
SNEADS
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I have stayed here for on 3 different occasions and have always had a nice clean room, very quite with reasonable rates.You are unaware of traffic or other local noises in the area. I am a patient at the VA Medical Center and it is but a short drive away. I highly recommend this motel for anyone passing through or conducting business in the area. I will most certainly be staying here again in the future......Bill

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
SOUTH FLORIDA
Reviewed August 22, 2010

We have stayed two times, each for two to three days each time in two weeks. Each time has been a pleasure. We found the room and bathroom to be very clean. The lobby and common areas are very clean. The front desk staff are very helpful and polite. We will stay again without a second thought. It is located right off 75 and very near to so many places to eat and many shopping centers. We had it all and can't wait to go back on our next trip to Gainesville Florida. There are many other hotels around the same area, but we will always select this one without a second thought.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Ocala, FL
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I had stayed here on 6 different occasions, and most of them were good. There are no frills, but I got my rest, except for the last 2 times I stayed there. When there was mature management, I had no problems. But when younger, more inexperienced management took over, it was a nightmare! I work nights, and sleep during the day. I had explained that I wanted no housekeeping services while I stayed there, four nights. On the 2nd day there, this housekeeping bozo barged in, after knocking loudly on the door! Management apologized, so I stayed another week. This time I bolted the door. I'm glad I did, because 'bozo' did it again! Frustrated that he couldn't come in, he pounded on the door! He obviously didn't understand what I was saying, because he said, "I clean your room tomorrow, ok?" Of course, I told him no!!! I called the front desk, they apologized, and upon checkout apologized again. If you're going to stay a night or two, I'm sure it'll be great. But if you work at night and sleep during the day, don't waste your time.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank beachlover586
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, August 18, 2010
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry that we were not up to our usual service standards. It is not our common customer service we provide to our guests here at Red Roof Inn, Gainesville. Our new housekeeping staff member failed to follow proper procedures and this has been addressed.

Corrective measures have been taken to ensure this does not occur again. It is my personnel goal of our housekeeping staff to prevent similar problems in the future. I hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof Inn, Gainesville next time you are in the area.

Very sincerely,

Euihee Prekler
352-336-3311
Paris, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Great value! Stayed one night in July, hot as can be. The room was nice and cool though. Very clean, friendly staff, comfortable king size bed, free wifi; everything I needed. Although it was close to the highway I never heard a single vehicle. Good restaurants near by, Bonefish Grill was excellent I have to say. Would definitely stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed August 1, 2010

The hotel is fresh and clean. It looks like it was recently renovated. However, except for Wi-Fi, there are absolutely no extras. There is no hair dryer or coffee pot in the room, not to mention a microwave or a refrigerator. There are no tissues or hand lotion in the room. There is no breakfast available, but there are places nearby. The beds are full size. The hotel is a good value if you don't plan ahead, but if you have a couple of months before you will be in the Gainesville area, there are better hotels for the same price range to be had. The staff seems to be friendly and responsive.

• Stayed August 2010