“For a nice clean room, quite and peaceful, you can't beat this place.”

Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville
Ranked #14 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I have stayed here for on 3 different occasions and have always had a nice clean room, very quite with reasonable rates.You are unaware of traffic or other local noises in the area. I am a patient at the VA Medical Center and it is but a short drive away. I highly recommend this motel for anyone passing through or conducting business in the area. I will most certainly be staying here again in the future......Bill

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 22, 2010

We have stayed two times, each for two to three days each time in two weeks. Each time has been a pleasure. We found the room and bathroom to be very clean. The lobby and common areas are very clean. The front desk staff are very helpful and polite. We will stay again without a second thought. It is located right off 75 and very near to so many places to eat and many shopping centers. We had it all and can't wait to go back on our next trip to Gainesville Florida. There are many other hotels around the same area, but we will always select this one without a second thought.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I had stayed here on 6 different occasions, and most of them were good. There are no frills, but I got my rest, except for the last 2 times I stayed there. When there was mature management, I had no problems. But when younger, more inexperienced management took over, it was a nightmare! I work nights, and sleep during the day. I had explained that I wanted no housekeeping services while I stayed there, four nights. On the 2nd day there, this housekeeping bozo barged in, after knocking loudly on the door! Management apologized, so I stayed another week. This time I bolted the door. I'm glad I did, because 'bozo' did it again! Frustrated that he couldn't come in, he pounded on the door! He obviously didn't understand what I was saying, because he said, "I clean your room tomorrow, ok?" Of course, I told him no!!! I called the front desk, they apologized, and upon checkout apologized again. If you're going to stay a night or two, I'm sure it'll be great. But if you work at night and sleep during the day, don't waste your time.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank beachlover586
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2010

Dear Guest,

I am so sorry that we were not up to our usual service standards. It is not our common customer service we provide to our guests here at Red Roof Inn, Gainesville. Our new housekeeping staff member failed to follow proper procedures and this has been addressed.

Corrective measures have been taken to ensure this does not occur again. It is my personnel goal of our housekeeping staff to prevent similar problems in the future. I hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof Inn, Gainesville next time you are in the area.

Very sincerely,

Euihee Prekler
352-336-3311

Reviewed August 10, 2010

Great value! Stayed one night in July, hot as can be. The room was nice and cool though. Very clean, friendly staff, comfortable king size bed, free wifi; everything I needed. Although it was close to the highway I never heard a single vehicle. Good restaurants near by, Bonefish Grill was excellent I have to say. Would definitely stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2010

The hotel is fresh and clean. It looks like it was recently renovated. However, except for Wi-Fi, there are absolutely no extras. There is no hair dryer or coffee pot in the room, not to mention a microwave or a refrigerator. There are no tissues or hand lotion in the room. There is no breakfast available, but there are places nearby. The beds are full size. The hotel is a good value if you don't plan ahead, but if you have a couple of months before you will be in the Gainesville area, there are better hotels for the same price range to be had. The staff seems to be friendly and responsive.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed July 16, 2010

After check in, we recieved a phone call from the front desk. They said there was a leak in the next room and that they had to access that through our bathroom. When we got back to our room, it was a complete mess, drywall everywhere, tools all over the floor, an open mat knife on the floor, spilled primer in and around the toilet creating a toxic smell. And to boot, our stuff was still in this room/bathroom! The staff was not very helpfull. We did not experience the happy, friendly, courteous, helpfull staff that you would expect to find at a big hotel chain. Someone actually assumed that we would stay in that room???? They gave us a new room, and it was not a pleasant experience to move our stuff because of the fumes. Later that day I recieved a phone call from an employee offering us 2 free movies for our troubles......are you kidding me! I had to argue my case for them to give us a free night. I think that should have been offered right away with a big apology. They did not handle the situation very well. The front desk staff seemed young, and in-experienced. Needless to say , we will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2010

This hotel is rated appropriately as a 2-star. That being said, we found it clean and well maintained. We live in Gainesville and our home's A/C went out right at the end of school, so we had to find a place to spend a few nights. That was all we needed, so it was tough to justify spending $100+/night at a surrounding 3-star suite type hotel knowing that our experience has been that they don't even measure up to that standard here. At $51/night after taxes, Red Roof was a good fit. Definitely in a convenient location, and in a safer/nicer spot than the other hotels in its class, which are south of Archer.

The pool was nice, parking is adequate, and the coffee in the lobby was always on. The rooms, beds, and bathrooms match the stars. Desk staff was courteous and pleasant and there were no issues with reservations or billing even though we modified our stay length twice. No worries about a greedy rip-off or screw-job here.

I would also recommend it as a crash pad on game weekends or whenever the 3-star hotels are full, but not for any kind of extended stay or as a relaxing oasis during a road trip. Adequate.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family