“Great for the price!! YOU DEFINITELY WANT TO READ THIS REVIEW!!!!!!!”

Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Orlando
“Great for the price!! YOU DEFINITELY WANT TO READ THIS REVIEW!!!!!!!”
Reviewed January 19, 2010

This hotel was great for the price. My fiance and I had to travel to Gainesville so that he could have surgery at Shands Medical Center so we also loved the hotel because it was only 3 miles away from the hospital. The best thing to do is to search the internet for promo codes and then call the reservation desk. Give the person each promo code, one at a time, and ask them what each one is for. As they are telling you write it down and then at the end you can choose which one is best. We ended up getting 2 nights for a total of $76.02 after tax!! The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and the best part about this hotel is that PETS STAY FOR FREE!!!! This alone saved me $25 per night. You can only have one pet but that was fine with me since I only have 1 dog. You can choose whether you want a smoking or non-smoking room and you can pay an extra $10 to have a mini-refrigerator in your room. If you don't want to pay extra for the refrigerator you can ask for a handicapped room and tell them that you have medication that needs to be refrigerated and you will get the fridge for free. The only downside to that is that all of the handicap rooms are non-smoking. All-in-all the hotel, I thought, was a great deal!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed December 31, 2009

Very clean and in a convenient location, adjacent to I-75 and dining and fuel locations. I would definitely stay here again. I can recommend this facility to all visitors.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Largo
Reviewed December 14, 2009

We have stayed at this location many times over the years. We are there because of medical reasons at Shands Hosptial at the Univ. of FL. As a female I feel very safe when I am there alone. The employees has always been very courteous and helpful. We have never had a problem checking in and out. When thee was a room problem, the staff changed our room immediately.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
West Palm Beach, FL
Reviewed November 7, 2009

I just discovered that Red Roof Inn offers cheaper rates to folks over 50. It's a great deal. Nice, safe hotel with lots of places to eat within walking distance. I always stay there and have never had a bad experience.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Florida
Reviewed October 19, 2009

The room was clean, very basic. Convenient location, close to many things and easy access to UF campus, downtown. It was available at short notice for homecoming weekend, and at a not-as-jacked-up rate as all the other Gainesville hotels. Front desk lady was very nice. Walls were thin, at times we could hear noise from the rooms next door but overall not too bad. Bed was not very comfortable. Since another review said "comfortable bed" and that is something I tend to look for or my back will hurt, I felt I had to mention it is not a high-quality mattress or a very comfortable bed. They add $1.50 "optional fee" for the safe (which we didn't use) and you have to ask that it be taken off. But it worked for 1 night, and given the prices of all the other hotesl, I would still pick the Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
florida
Reviewed September 9, 2009

The hotel is a good value with clean rooms,It is near shopping ,restaurants and I-75, The rooms need comfortable chairs to sit on while watching tv.The mattress and pillows
were lumpy, The water gets on the bathroom floor everytime we shower. The housekeeping did not make our beds nor change our towels(though there were extra towels in room).Did not ask if this is hotel policy not to change linens or make beds if guests are staying more than one night.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 29, 2009

My wife and I decided to stay @ this Red Roof Inn location as we had stayed their before it had been redone. It was starting to decline the last time we stayed but since it had been rededicated we knew that it would be nice as we have stayed at several Red Roof Inns that have been rededicated and have enjoyed those. We arrived after 3pm and relocating back to FL to be closer to family. The rooms have been redone and the building outside has been repainted a nice yellow color.(Much better than the old white color)The beds were comfortable enough. The bathroom has wood floors and the whole shower has been replaced. Nice shower head.(what I look forward to when staying @ the rededicated properties)Just a nice place to stay.Excellent gourmet coffee. Just wish they had breakfast like they used to when the property first opened Overall a good experience and will stay their again..

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family