“4 Stars for the money paid”

Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed April 29, 2014

For the price paid (about $65 / night) this is a great value for Gainesville. Hotel is comparable to all the others in town including the Marriotts, Hiltons etc but at almost $50 cheaper per night. The only thing you don't get is a mediocre free breakfast. Hotel was very clean, parking easy and staff friendly. I was granted a late checkout which I really appreciated. There are no super nice hotels in Gainesville, but the Red Roof is a great value for the money paid.

1  Thank raincheck10
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear raincheck10,

We really appreciate you taking the time and writing a review regarding your recent stay. We also appreciate your kind words about Red Roof Inn, Gainesville. Reviews like yours always give us extra motivation to do a better job. We cannot wait to serve you again in near future.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We were in town for one night, this was the best value and really well cared for and clean. We were in a suite, two rooms separated by french doors, two different tvs which worked well. Sofa bed was comfortable too. The bathroom was renovated and chic.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear onthecorner,
Thank you so much for sharing your recent visit with us. We are so happy to hear that you have enjoyed our suite and recognized our recent renovation. Providing the best value and clean rooms are our ongoing efforts. We cannot wait to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed here for the second time this year for three nights last week. Clean rooms and a friendly staff each time. You can walk to Publix supermarket and several restaurants. Interstate 75 is very close so ask for a room that does not face the highway. My only complaint is that their billing statement automatically includes a charge for a safe. The charge is supposed to be removed if you do not use the safe which happened the first time we stayed but not the second time. I had to call them to remove the charge. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor is quieter and avoid facing the Interstate.

Dear Bob M,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We also thank you for your recommendation and recognizing the value and cleanliness of the hotel. We will continuously work hard to provide an excellent service. It was our pleasure to serve you and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We consistently stay at this Red Roof Inn every time we are in Gainesville because of the new upgrades, cleanliness, pet-friendliness, and courteous staff. They truly go out of their way to make sure we feel right at home. On each occasion that we have visited, Monica at the front desk has taken great care of us and made sure we felt at home. She even recognizes us each time and addresses us by name- she should be commended for her superior customer service! The beds are always very comfortable! The only thing they are still missing is a continental breakfast, but I understand that you can't have everything for such a low price! Hint: Ask for the UF/ Shands rate (usually around $55/ night which can't be beat for the cleanliness and upgrades).

Room Tip: Top floor rooms away from the highway are quietest.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear goldstein2749,

Thank you so much for being our loyal customer to Red Roof Inn Gainesville and writing a review about our facility and staff. We are so humbled by your praise and recommendation. It is so wonderful to hear that you really enjoy our upgraded renovation and superior customer service. I am very proud of Monica and the rest of the staff who continuously work hard to deliver superior service and clean rooms. It is our hope to delight you again in near future.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is my first review - ever. I stayed at RRI as a second choice because my usual hotel was full. I visit family several times a year. I had read about the new renovation, and any not so good reviews seemed to be before that time. So I decided to give it a try. Here's what I liked:
*The newly renovated rooms are clean, modern and nice. Laminate floors were a nice touch.
*Bathroom was very clean.
*Cleaning staff was excellent.
*Staff at front desk were very helpful and always friendly.
*It was very quiet at night and morning and I could tell that it was pretty full. I was not there during the day.
*Price was SO right!
*I stayed a week so I had plenty of time to experience the hotel, and I have to say that for the price I was extremely pleased!

Personally, the only thing I would like (and not many even care) is to have CNBC as a regular channel. I would think this would appeal to the business traveler as well.

CB

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Charly1010,

Thank you so much for giving us an opportunity to serve you and recognizing our facility and the staff. We are so glad to hear that we have created an extremely pleasant experience during your stay. I will make sure share your feedback with the rest of my team and I am so thrilled to inform you about the exciting change we have made since your last visit. YES, we have upgraded our TV system. We do have CNBC, now and all of TV channels are HD. We hope that you get to experience our new upgrade in near future.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed there two separate nights and the Hotel itself was great,very clean and fun to stay at.
Very convenient to shopping across the way and a Steak and Shake next door. The hotel staff were very knowledgeable about the area. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Try the plus plus rooms for more comfort. We enjoyed it for the few dollars difference.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Chanter56,

Thank you for writing a review and highly recommend our hotel to other travelers. We are so happy to hear that you have experienced our upgraded premium room and really enjoyed what it had to offer such as bigger screen TV, extra pillows and snack box etc…. We will continuously work harder to improve our service and quality. We cannot wait to serve you again in near future.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

It's my first time staying at a Red Roof and the stay was wonderful! It was a busy weekend in the UF area and a lot of hotels were sold out. Alexis and the friendly staff at Red Roof were able to accommodate me at last minute when I thought all hope was gone. The rooms were very clean and the smell was great. Extremely comfortable and great atmosphere. The thing that got me the most was the price for the hotel. It was excellent!! I was worried because I thought the price maybe low for a non up to par hotel but I was blown away. I would recommend the Red Roof Inn to anyone staying In the Gainesville area. Worth every penny. Thanks Alexis and the rest of the Staff!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Eric J,

We appreciate you sharing your experience. We are so happy to hear that Alexis have provided an excellent service and exceeded your expectation. Thank you for recognizing our house keeping staff who has provided very clean and smell good room. I will make sure share your review with Alexis, housekeeping and the rest of our team member. Again, we truly appreciate your review and have another privilege to serve you in near future.