“Remolded Room - Everything was clean”

Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville
Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Plantation Florida
“Remolded Room - Everything was clean”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I wish more hotels would remodel this often, because the rooms look great. Came back for the daughter's graduation from UF. Stayed in room 202, single king bed, great location, easy access from the stairs leading to the parking lot. The room has a wooden floor, except for a couple carpet patches near the night stand of the bed. Everything was clean, no hotel smell. Flat screen TV on the wall, table to work at. Plenty of plugs for phones. In room fridge. Everything just works here. No, they don't have free breakfast, only coffee downstairs. But there's plenty of places nearby, including Publix down the street. The wife slept in until 9am.

1 Thank robvia
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Robvia,
I would like to thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. It is always our goal to provide all guests with an outstanding experience. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

352-336-3311

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Korean first
FAYETTEVILLE
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The Red Roof website indicates a "best available" price point of 77.00 for an Exec. King room at this location. When we arrived Saturday, 12-15-12, a college graduation was occurring in town. The desk clerk summarily declared that the computer was not offering any discounts. Although the room was clean and well-appointed, when visiting any motel owned by any chain, we have been able to negotiate some sort of discount, albeit minor. Because the facility was almost filled to capacity, the desk clerk had a "take it or leave it" attitude that we did not appreciate. Because we were tired after driving over 12 hours, we were not about to make an issue over this. Once you get into a $100 per night price point, we would have gone to Holiday Inn Express or other hotels, where we would at least get a free breakfast.

Room Tip: If possible when traveling, get a reservation online before you arrive. Otherwise, you are at the me...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear dmeische,

Thank you for taking time and sharing your experience. I am so glad to know that you have found our newly renovated rooms are nice and clean. I understand your disappointment regarding our best available daily rate. It was higher than you have expected due to UF graduation in town. It surely increased capacity and higher rate in town. However, we still offered the best value. Offering the best value and clean rooms are our ongoing efforts. I hope we have another chance to serve you in the future.

Florida
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My family and I have stayed at this property many times. And now with the remodel we'll be certain to stay again. Great job on the new look and as always a great staff! The King Suite on the fourth floor was just the right size for my family to spread out and relax after being in the car for several hours. And with a ton of restaurants and shopping around the corner the location couldn't be better.

1 Thank jgbenson
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear jgbenson,

Thank you for being a loyal customer to RedRoofInn, Gainesville. We are so happy to hear that our newly remodeled suite was a perfect room for you and your family. Thanks for recognizing the staff. Comment like yours always gives us extra motivation to do a better job. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Indianapolis
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed because of TA review. Thanks, TA, it was a great experience. Came back twice during my recent visit to my son and will book again. Extremely friendly people, clean modern rooms and comfy beds. Price was competative for area. No continental breakfast but lots of options in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TransplantedBuckeye
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear TransplantedBuckeye,

Thank you for recognizing our new rooms and sharing your experience with other travelers. It is always wonderful to hear a positive feedback. Feedback like yours always gives us extra motivation to do a better job. I will make sure share your review with my entire staff. Again, thank you so much for sharing and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I booked this hotel for 7 weeks off and on for a training. The first stay was fine but the second week I had trouble breathing. I asked the front desk if there had been a dog in the room recently and she couldn't tell me that. I had to leave town early due to this. Besides this, the room was very nice and I loved the updates. I just suggest that only certain floors/rooms be pet friendly due to so many having allergies.

• Stayed November 2012
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear erasure32,

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to hear about your pet allergy you have experienced. Red Roof Inn is a pet friendly national hotel chain and pet stays free. Our staff works very hard to maintain high quality of rooms. Guests with a pet usually prefer to stay where they can have an easier access. Guests can also check out the room before completing the check in process. We hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.

Lamar, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is easy to get to and a good location if you're wanting to visit the University. Very clean, beds felt great, very very small bathroom, no carpet in the rooms. I wouldn't stay if I had to stay several days but for an overnight rest it was perfect for us.

• Stayed November 2012
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear MaryAnn_McC,

We are so glad that you have enjoyed our brand new beds. Thanks for sharing your experience with other travelers. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Gainesville.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Recently stayed at a Hilton, and this place was cleaner! Nice new rooms. Comfy bed and smelled good too! I would recommend. Had a AAA discount too! This will be my hotel when I come to Gainesville! No carpet so no dust!

• Stayed November 2012
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear oneflmanatee1,

Thank you for writing a reveiw regarding your recent stay at Red Roof Inn, Gainesville. We are so glad to hear that you loved our newly renovated room. Providing a clean and comfortable room is our on-going efforts. Again, thank you for sharing and hope to see you soon in near future!