“Clean, Modern, Friendly, and Great Price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville

Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
New York City
“Clean, Modern, Friendly, and Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I spent a weekend in October at the Red Roof Inn for a conference. I arrived late Friday night and was checked in with no issues. (It's right off of Exit 384/Archer Rd. in Gainesville).

One of the main reasons I was attracted to booking at Red Roof Inn was that their rooms had been recently renovated. The room was very pretty, akin to a nice studio apartment. Modern bare floors with (I think) faux wood. The bare floor was great because it meant the room didn't smell like many do with carpets. The King bed was firm but comfy. There was a hair dryer, iron, and ironing board, which worked well.

There is a curved business desk with an office chair, which is very convenient for working on.

Plenty of outlets throughout the room. There was a large LCD TV, but I never used it.

The sink, tub and toilet looked sparkling white. The shower water got warm fairly quick. (Within 30 seconds). The a/c unit pumped out ice-cold air. It made some white noise, but that is expected for the type of unit.

The next night, there weren't any regular parking spots. The attendant told me I could park next to the open curb which worked great because it put me closer to the door.

I needed an extra hour to check out which was given without hesitation.

Overall, I found the hotel to be a great value for the price because the rooms are clean and modern.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Jaime M,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We are so glad to hear that you have enjoyed convenient outlets, big corner working desk and etc. in our Superior King room. This room also comes with 37inch flat screen T.V and micro fridge. Hope you get to enjoy them on your next visit. We cannot wait to welcome you back! Thank you!

352-336-3311

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
jax
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here on the first weekend that UF was back in session...obviously sold out. Still, staff was not stressed or rushed. Very welcoming.

Nice new room but no functional items like a blow drier or an iron. Otherwise a nice place. Newly redecorated with laminate flooring (ya..no gross carpets!) and modern furniture. Front desk staff was AMAZING...very nice and accommodating...just bring your own appliances.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BellaMiyagijax
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear BellaMiyagijax,

We are so glad to hear that you have loved our newly renovated rooms. Thank you so much for sharing and we truly appreciate your input. We also recognize it and are working on a plan to update it. I will make sure share your feedback with all my staff. Feedback like yours always gives us extra encouragement to do a better job. We hope to have another chance to serve you in near future.

Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Newly remodeled, I'd opt to stay here vs. Marriott or other high-end hotel. The room is VERY modern with updated furnishings, bed, bedding, TV, data ports, etc. Best of all, room is VERY affordable as compared to other high-end hotels. I would highly recommend this hotel, especially any major event weekends at UF. GO GATORS!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jake G
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Jake G,

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are so glad that you have fully enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. Like your comment "The room is VERY modern with updated furnishings, bed, bedding, TV, data ports, etc. Best of all, room is VERY affordable". Thank you for noticing our effort. We hope to have another pleasure to serve you in near future!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Went to Gainseville for treatment and I was very impressed with this newly remodeled hotel. I am somewhat of a hotel snob and this place was very clean and just wonderful service. It was plain and simple. There was nothing like breakfast but they did have fresh coffee at all times in the lobby. When your budget is tight this is a wonderful choice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MrsDelaCruz
Dear MrsDelaCruz,

We truly appreciate you for recognizing the value and the confidence you had in our product. We are so glad that you have enjoyed our fresh 24 hour coffee service. I will make sure share your comments with my entire staff. I know that your feedback will make them very proud and smile. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Panama City Beach, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed Friday night for a game weekend. I was impressed at how well maintained and clean the property was kept. The room was recently updated and very clean. My wife and children were all comfortable. The room was small but functional and we appreciated the generous outlets for our devices, phones etc to charge. Check in was busy they needed one more desk agent but she worked hard and stayed pleasant despite the obvious stress of the steady stream of guests. Check out was a breeze and the morning desk agent was also very pleasant. They had security at night and the proximity to the interstate and lots of food and shopping is a huge bonus. The management is to be commended for running a tight ship. Value chains can be inconsistent but this location does a great job.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank pcbgator
Dear pcbgator,

Thank you so much for sharing a wonderful feedback with other travelers. We are so glad to hear that convenient outlets delighted your stay. This option is one the many upgrades we have made with our recent full renovation. Thanks for recognizing our hard work and the value in our product. We hope to have another pleasure to serve you in near future.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a Gator football game and were quite pleased. The hotel is very clean which is perhaps my most important requirement. In addition, it is convenient to campus and the stadium, the staff is very friendly and accomodating, and although we didn't bring our dog, it is pet friendly. However, the A/C in our room was very loud and woke me up when it kicked on during the night, but it did consistently emit cool air (very important in Florida!). Also, it fell short with luxurious amenities such as plush towels and bath products, but for an overnight stay it fit our purposes nicely. We would for sure stay here again on a road trip or for a football game weekend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank RAlayne
Dear RAlayne,

Thank you for recognizing cleanliness of our rooms! We have a very high standard for our housekeeping staff and they take a pride on their work. It is always wonderful to hear a positive feedback like yours. As a leader in economy hotel chain, providing a great value and customer service is always our number one priority. Thank you so much for sharing! We cannot wait to serve you again in near future.

Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Loved that this hotel didn't require a two-night stay on a game weekend! I came into town for business but couldn't stay for the game -- so before I'd even arrived I'd felt like I'd won. Then we got there! Beautiful, clean room with sleek decor, friendly staff ready to accommodate. More telling about trusting your stay here: after leaving the hotel, I realized I'd set my cell phone down as I was leaving my room. I called the front desk more than a bit nervous and mad at myself. Not only did Crystal send someone immediately to my room, she kept me on the line during the search. When the phone was found, she got me to describe and asked that I bring my ID with me when I picked it -- something I was incredibly grateful for! Thank you! I'll be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank GoGatorsCar
Dear GoGatorsCar,

We are so glad to hear that Crystal and our team made your stay enjoyable. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and our brand new rooms with other travelers. Feedback like yours always gives us encouragement to do a better job. We hope to see you again on your next trip.

General Manager'