“Newly renovated Gainesville Red Roof Inn”

Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My family and I stay here several times a year for activities with the Florida Gators. I love the way you can put your requests on your profile and the staff always goes out of their way to fulfill them. What a surprise when we opened the room door to see a completely renovated enterior. There are wooden laminated floors throughout the room allowing the cleaning staff to clean better. The new, updated bathroom and sink were a great touch. We will definately be back!

Room Tip: I always choose the upper floors away from the elevatos and vending areas.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank frontberner
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear Frontberner,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are so glad that you have enjoyed our newly redesigned room. What you have experienced was the brands latest redesign which being implemented across the country. Many more will soon under go similar renovations which may include flat screen T.Vs, new beds, furniture, vessel sink, and more. Thank you for recognizing the efforts of our team members. We try very hard to make our guests feel welcome and important on their stay. Thank you again for sharing and hope to welcome you back in near future.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stopped here on our way to Ft. Lauderdale, we were very tired and this place was a very plensent surprise.....very, very nice place to stay. Clean rooms, clean bed and the soap smells wonderful. :) The woman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pamela L

Dear Pamela L,

Thank you so much for sharing! We are so happy to hear that you have really enjoyed our brand new beds and oatmeal soap. It is our continuous efforts to provide excellent service to all of our guests. We truly appreciate you recognizing our team member. Reviews like yours always give us extra motivation to do a better job. Again, thank you so much for your feedback. We hope you serve you in near future.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed at this motel for one night. It is a nice motel with clean rooms. I like the new wood floors. The only thing I would have liked is queen beds instead of double, maybe a hair dryer and an ironing board. We needed to iron a UF graduation gown cause it was extremely wrinkled. Overall, very nice clean comfortable motel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bella1202
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Bella1202,

Thank you so much for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are so glad to hear that you have enjoyed our newly renovated brand new room. We have rooms with 2 full beds and one king bed. Our superior king rooms have in room amenities. We also have items available at the front desk for our guests. Again, thank you so much for sharing your experiences with other travelers. We hope to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Red Roof was a great wee kend stay. The pool was about to close and I asked could it stay open a little longer? Front desk said YES! Great answer! What wouldve topped it off if they had micro/fridge in our rooms. Again front dest let us use their employee microwave. Great job!!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank shortybooh
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Shortybooh!

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! I am so glad to hear about our wonderful front desk member. I will make sure to share your review with the rest of my staff. Our superior king rooms are equipped with micro fridge and coffee maker. Please come back and stay in our beautiful brand new rooms. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Our stay was decent until I realized we had left jewelry in room and it was not turned in by staff, so disappointed that we did not reap the benefits of an honest employee, used the safe while there but it was for nothing. Have no recourse and am out hundreds of dollars.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear Nancy G,

Thanks for writing a review regarding your experience. I am very suprised to hear what happened to you. I have been managing this property for the past 12 years and did not encounter any issues like this. Please contact me ASAP since I do not have any way to contact you. I would love to take care of the issue.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I always stay here when I have to go to iGainesville for a VA appointment. I am always offered a better rate than any on for the website. The handicap rooms are very roomy with plenty of room to maneuver a wheelchair. Rooms ending with 17 are huge, with large roll in showers. Last night our A/C didn't seem to be working. As I needed the handicap shower in the morning, they let us sleep in a different room but still keep the first room for the shower. True the breakfast was basically non-existent, but I don't think it's advertised either. There are too many places to eat and drink nearby to mention. With the Ale House across the road I've even driven up here to stay to watch the BUCS game when it's blacked out in Citrus County. BTW-It seems this hotel is run by some be nice Japanese people and they are very detail oriented. I don't think there are any better hotels in the area, regardless of price.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Dale S,

Thank you so much for your wonderful reveiw regarding your stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you truly enjoyed our ADA room. Reveiw like yours always gives us extra motivation to do a better job. We are renovating our rooms. Please come back and stay in our brand new rooms with new bed, wood floors and flat screen T.V and etc.... They are beautiful. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Crystal at the front was very pleasant and willing to help heating food for me. She was efficient helping customers at the front desk when several were waiting.

Room Tip: There was no fitness center available. I would have appreciated that. A room with a king bed, refrig...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family