“Excellent Service”

Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Glassboro, New Jersey
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This is the third time I have stayed at this Red Roof in in Gainesville. Like all the others the stay was excellent. This time I left behind my laptop USB Verizon air card and I did not realize it. The next day I received a call from the Inn telling me they had it and offering to send it to my home which they did and it was waiting for me when I returned. We will definitely stay there again. Another reason is the value for the price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank popsroth
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear Popsroth,

Thank you for taking the time and wrote a reveiw regarding your recent stay with us. We are so glad that you did receive your verizon air card in time. Guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Again, thanks for sharing and hope to welcome you back in near future.

352-336-3311

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Back in 2010 we had to stay one night at Knights Inn on 13th street. DISGUSTING place. Won't go into detail but will warn you to STAY AWAY. There was a game that weeked so most hotels were booked or charged an arm and leg to stay one night. Drove up and down trying to find a place to stay and came across Red Roof. Staff had a very decent price for the two nights I needed but said it was a smoking room. I don't smoke but checked it out and it was VERY clean and you could not smell the smoke. My daughter and I stayed there that night and were EXTREMELY impressed. The rooms are clean, comfortable and the rates are the BEST!! The staff are very friendly, accomodating as well as the housekeeping staff. I have been staying at this Red Roof for two years while my daughter attended college and highly recommend them. Their staff are the greatest and will do whatever it takes to make your stay enjoyable. Very dog friendly too!!

Room Tip: If you bring your pets, try not to stay near the back entrance. At night when the door opens, a buzz...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wendy S
Dear Wendi S,

What a wonderful review!!!! I am so happy to hear that we did exceed your expectation. I have shared your review with all of my staff. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Again, thanks for giving us opportunities to serve you and hope to see you again soon.

Miami
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Nothing fancy here, but clean, reliable and friendly to us and our dog. I was leaning toward the Comfort Inn, but it had a bad review and I noticed a good one about the Red Roof. The checkin clerk even made a point of giving me an additional discount I hadn't got online.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LaurieMiami
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear LaurieMiami,

I truly appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is always a great encouragement to us when we receive on line reviews like yours. I am so glad that you took advantage of our pet month promotion. Thank you again for sharing your experience with other travelers. We hope to welcome you again in near future!

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed April 13, 2012

When I stayed at this hotel I was impressed at the decor of the rooms as well as the impeccable service the employees give to their customers. The setting is beautiful and talk about convenience there is a shopping center within a few short steps!! The room prices are awesome!!

Room Tip: Any room choice made will be nice....especially king rooms!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank dave32601
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Dear Dave32601,

What a joy to read your review in Trip advisor! I am so glad you have enjoyed our Superior King room. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff. We also appreciate you sharing photos. We hope to see you again in near future!

Mt. Juliet Tn
Reviewed March 30, 2012

my company pays for the room so i cant say much about the price, however, i found that this particular red roof stands out above all other red roof inns that i stay at across the country. the hospitality was that that made you feel at home. the clerk was courtious and helpful to direct me to a fine inexpensive place to eat which was also exceptional. maybe the whole town is like this, i dont know, anyway, thank you for making me feel at home. see you soon Jerry N.

Room Tip: Clean, courtious, comfortable, close to I75,easy on/off the hiway,clean and appearently a good quali...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jerry N
Dear Jerry N,

Thank you so much for writing a review regarding your stay! We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always gives us such an encouragement to do a better job. Thank you again for sharing your experience, we hope to see you again on your next trip.

Orange City, Florida
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Stayed at the Red Roof twice in March 2012 to take my dog for treatment at the Univ. of FL Veteranarian School. My dog, a Golden Retriever, presented no problem for the staff and we were both equally welcome by a most efficient staff.
The room (they gave me the same one on my return trip) was clean, quiet pleasant. This is an older hotel without luxuries like microwaves, hair dryers or breakfast, but you are not paying for those luxuries either. Everything worked and the place was well kept.
The lobby/lounge was attractive and had an adjacent coffee room with darned good free coffee. But if you wanted more, within walking distance was a complete mall with a Publix and the Alehouse and a Target department, among other shops. Closer than that was a Shake and Steak and MacDonalds'
And for my old dog, a huge walking field was right across the street and the hospital only about 3 miles away.
I spent Christmas at the RodeWay Inn at Orange Park, FL and fought cockroaches and drunks in the parking lot. This place was a delight.

Room Tip: I like the upper floor becaause it always seemed the occupants of the floor above had no idea their...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Rick O
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear Rick O,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other travelers. It is always a great pleasure to hear a wonderful feedback! We love pets and they stay free with you! I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of my staff. Feedback like yours is always a great motivation while we continuously work hard to provide a great service. Again, thank you so much for sharing and hope to have another chance to serve you in near future.

Ozark, Missouri
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We were driving to Disney and weren't sure how far we'd make it, so we hadn't made hotel reservations for the night. We arrived in Gainesville, FL around 9 pm, and decided to call it a night. It was a Saturday night AND the beginning of Spring Break. After checking with FIVE other hotels that were booked up, we were starting to get nervous. Stopped at the Red Roof Inn and were thankful to learn that they still had rooms available. The price seemed very high, but it was late, we were getting desperate, and we had two small kids that needed a safe place to sleep. The room was small, dingy, and in need of an upgrade. The bathroom was absolutely filthy, and I could tell the shower hadn't been cleaned at all. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't have stayed, but we were exhausted after driving for 14 hours, and felt that we had no other options.

My biggest complaint? The price gouging. We were charged $154.99 for the room, which totaled $172.04 with taxes. $172.04!!!! (This was after I had to "make a request upon check-out" to have the $1.50 charge removed that was the fee for the safe that was in the room.) I find this deplorable considering that if you go to redroofinn.com and price a room for this coming Saturday night (still in the Spring Break time frame), it's quoted at $63.99! We were charged almost THREE TIMES that amount. And all for a less than stellar room, in a motel with a pot of coffee in the morning as the grand sum of their "amenities".

Had I been charged the $63.99, I wouldn't feel the need to complain. This motel's quality is that which you'd expect to get for $63.99 (or less). It's the fact that the company so clearly utilizes price gouging that really gets me. All in all, totally my fault for not making previous reservations. But that aside, Red Roof Inn should be ashamed!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a reivew regarding your stay with us. I am so sorry that your experience did not meet your expectation. I fully understand why you felt that way. Unfortunately, there was a huge event called GATOR NATIONAL drag racing in town that particular weekend you were passing by. This events brings so many visitors in town, fills up the entire area hotels and raises hotel room rates like Super bowl. All the area hotels were sold out with much higher rate than Red Roof Inn. I can assure that we were the least expensive hotel on the block and this was set up 2 years in advance. I hope we can have another chance to better serve you in the future.

Sincrely,