Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville
$93
BestWestern.com
$133
$128
All reviewshardwood floorsroom was cleana pet friendly hotelper nightwould definitely stay here againcontinental breakfastfront desk staffstayed one nightnon smokingfirst floorking suitechecking inarcher roadconvenient locationshands hospitalmonicaalexis
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I stayed here recently on a visit to Shands hospital. Room was clean, but not what I requested. I reserved a handicapped room with a roll-in shower. When I arrived I was told they didn't have any handicapped rooms available. The girl at the desk was not very friendly and had a bad attitude. Her attitude didn't change the next morning.
The room was clean, although noisy being on the 1st floor. Pretty good price, but will probably seek out something better on the next visit.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 1st floor near the lobby. Too loud.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank TheChumBuddy
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Gainesville Red Roof. I am sorry that we were not be able to accomodate your request. We have one rolling in shower room on the ground floor and it was occupied by other customer; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Gainesville
352-336-3311

Reviewed September 26, 2011

When I stay in Gainesville, which is several times a year and usually for a few days each time, I always stay at the Red Roof Inn on Archer Rd Gainesville, FL. I've been staying there for the last ten years. It's a convenient location, close to everything. The people that work there are very nice and helpful. It's reasonably price. The rooms are always clean. What more can I say !!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a reivew. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Gainesville Red Roof.

I will make sure to share your wonderful feedback with the rest of our team. Feedback like yours is always a great encourgement as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to serving you in your future travels.

Red Roof Inn, Gainesville
352-336-3311 ext 602

Reviewed September 19, 2011

I stepped into my room and was hit with the overpowering scent of foul-smelling room deodorant meant to coverup whomever was there before me. They leave the A/C off so the smell is magnified by the heat and humidity. While I felt like bolting to another hotel, at least the room was clean and well maintained. Surveying the room, you can see that every effort was put into making the room as cheap as possible. Small, cheap looking beds and furniture. Instead of shampoo in a small bottle they give you a tiny tube that's enough for one person. The sink area is tiny so only one person can use the area at a time. It's not that Red Roof is awful -- they just don't match up to other mid-priced hotels in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank trav-go
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Gainesville Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

At Red Roof Inn, as a leader of Economy Chain, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want to let you know that we truly appreciate your honest feedback and it motivates us work harder to improve our quality and service.

Again, we appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Gainesville

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Nice sized room, clean and quiet. One pouch of coffee and one tube of shampoo for two people? Seems that you're supposed to notice that before you get in the shower. Front desk says that's all the manager allows without asking. No iron.We knew there was no breakfast which wasn't bad because we'd been eating hotel breakfasts for over a week and needed a break. If you're looking for no frills this is the place. Only one elevator for a fairly large hotel. There's a Target and a Publix next door and it's close to I-75.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Our second trip to move our son into his dorm at UF. Picked Redroof for the price and reviews and it was very good. I picked the lowest price room which does not have a coffee maker in room but not a big deal as the lobby has it. the location is better than I thought it would be after
I found the back way into campus. Very clean hotel and room, no ice maker on the third floor though. also no sneaky fees at checkout. I will be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family