“Great value, clean, convenient and excellent staff”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #30 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I came to Gainesville to take my 8 year old son to his first Gator's game and we were on a budget. I am a business traveler who normaly stays at Hilton or Mariott properties, and I was pleasently surprised by this hotel. The hotel is a little older, but the staff cares for the property and maintains it well. Too cold for a swim, but they had a great pool. For the value, I could not ask for a better experience. The hotel is less that 1/2 a mile from campus and less than a 30 minute walk to the stadium. The room was clean, no bugs, and the service at the hotel was world class. Upon check-in we were invited to inspect the room, were told of free coffee and free doughnuts in the morning. Mike (the manager) was very friendly and even called the room to make sure everything was ok. The property was very quiet and I felt safe at this hotel. There was also a fridge and a microwave in the room. I was able to walk to the game and dinner. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed October 15, 2010

The quality and cleanliness of the room was average, however, it was very spacious and in a perfect location if you're looking for a cheap hotel near campus. We stayed for a football weekend and walked to the stadium and bars on game day. It only takes ~15-20 minutes to get from the hotel to the stadium, which is not bad at all considering it prevents you from paying high prices for parking and you don't have to deal with bumper to bumper traffic after the game. I would recommend to anyone who doesn't mind staying in an average hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank dswails2729
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Great hotel at a great price with great location to stadium in Gainesville. Nice clean rooms with cold a/c. Nothing fancy but great value for what you need. Staff very friendly and courteous. Would definitely stay here again . { am already planning for next year's football game } . Kudos to this bargain !!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2010

The hotel is near Shands and within walking distance to the University of Florida. The rooms are dated and spartan in decor yet well kept. The mattress and pillows are very comfortable!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2010

This hotel has been a very good deal to me. Was in town for a talk at UF, they offered good prices, and some flexibility in the choice of the room (king in place of queen bed, if I accepted that they didn't change the sheets, and they actuallly cleand the room anyway).
The position is very convenient with respect to both Gainesville and Jacksonville airports. The front desk staff I met was very helpful. Only a couple really minor things: vending machines offer really small water bottles, and the internet connection is not very fast.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this property for the U.F. vs Kentucky football game. Our son is in the U.F. Band and this was out 3rd trip back to Gainesville to watch the Band perform and the Gator's win! I wish that we had known about this property at the beginning of the school year, we would have stayed here each time. We travel a lot and have stayed in MANY Hotels/Inns and have seen or experienced it all. I had mixed emotions about booking at this Inn at first due to the limited, mixed opinion reviews. Despite the fact that this property is an older property, it is well maintained and clean. The only disruption that we heard was from an inconsiderate guest who bonked their horn in the parking lot and the guests staying next door who seemed to only know how to shut a door by slamming it shut. I have already booked 2 more rooms in November and will continue to recommend this inn to my friends and family who plan to visit Gainesville to root the Gators on! Thank you to the people of Gainesville for being so nice to us out of town guests who come to visit your beautiful city.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2010

From the moment we entered the room, to the moment we checked out, our experience was a nightmare!!!! Within the first five minutes of entering the room we found roaches and insects, dead and alive throughout the room. We found roach feces in the towels and in the ice bag liner. There were spiderwebs along the headboard and in the night stand drawer. We slept on top of the sheets in fear of bed bugs. We woke up in the morning to a 2 1/2 roach on the wall. We left for our prior obligation hoping that the cleaning service would vacuum the dead bugs and dispose of the roach, but upon our return that afternoon only the beds had been made. We searched the rest of the room and found several other dead roaches and even an aluminum pipe tucked in the window sill. We addressed the concern with hotel management and they condesceningly laughed at our request to refund the second night's stay and offered us another room. Concerned with the sanitation and health issues, we refused to stay at that hotel for the second night of our reservation. I would strongly strongly strongly suggested that you do not stay at that particular location. The conditions and the customer service are not worth saving five or ten percent per night.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends