“A clean place to lay your head.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
San Francisco, California
“A clean place to lay your head.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I read other reviews and was a bit worried. Nothing to worry about. Clean, quiet, very close to campus. The pool was working. Wifi working. Yes, the interior of the rooms was not elegant but it was clean.
This is the classic roadway hotel/motel I remember when I was a kid on family vacay driving to Florida. You park in front of your room. If they played up the retro vibe it would be spectacular/kitschy.
I particularly enjoyed the vintage pink tiles on the bathroom walls. Tub was clean, spotless groutlines. Fridge and microwave in room. No coffe maker in room but fresh hot coffee in the lobby in the AM. Ms. Gita at the front desk was super friendly.
I would stay again O/N if I was in the Gville area.
I have to agree with mackemtripper, whose review is spot on: the place lives up to its name.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank CORJr
jamnaba, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to voice your feeling about our hotel. We are glad that
you found our hotel clean,with good location near campus and you liked our friendly staff. We were thrilled to know that wi-fi was working and you will return. We want to assure our guests that we try hard to make sure that our guests have satisfied stay and each visit they come, we want them to be happy paying affordable value for the room. We hope to serve you and other guests in future.Please be aware that when guests wants to stay extended and ask for coffee pot in room, we provide that as well.

Americas Best Value Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lake Mary, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel is clean, but the rooms and furnishings are old and worn. There was fresh paint on everything, but everything was cracked, patched, and held together with drywall screws. The A/C was marginal, the commode took eight flushes to clear, mattress sagged, carpets worn. No WIFI to speak of. It's located in a strip of older motels, with unescorted ladies strolling up and down the highway out front. On the other hand, the staff was friendly and helpful; and there was no problem crediting my card when I left after one night. I travel with a lot of equipment; and couldn't risk leaving it in this room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
jamnaba, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. We pride ourselves in offering great value by providing excellent service with comfortable accommodations. I’m sorry to hear of the concerns you had with the condition of the room. I can assure you that we have addressed any issues. Additionally, we do offer complimentary WIFI,Which is posted on our reader board on main sign as well, however you simply need to contact the front desk staff to obtain the code to sign on.As far as Safety isssue, We have all the time extended guest stay and so far we did not have any major issues and our record at city speaks for that. I hope you will be willing to give us another opportunity in the future. Should you consider staying again, I would kindly request that you advise of my staff of any dissatisfaction during you stay so that we may remedy your concerns immediately, as front desk is staffed 24 hours. Our goal is to ensure you have a comfortable stay.
Sincerely
Americas Best Value Inn

Travelers are raving about these Gainesville hotels

West Lothian, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is a motel style hotel where you drive up to the door of the room. The room was very clean and the king bed was comfortable. This is a very basic hotel but great for an overnight stay where you are not looking for all the trimmings. Pool looked ok but we didn't use it. There is a Chinese buffet which is actually part of the hotel but is incredibly inconspicuous. So inconspicuous that you wouldn't know that it's there when it's closed! Very handy for local restaurants in town etc and 5 minutes drive to the Interstate. No breakfast, although coffee is available from 6-00am in the lobby. At $56 all in, what more could you ask for. The place lives up to it's name. Yes, we would stay here if needing an overnight in the Gainesville area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
jamnaba, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Thank you so much for taking your valuable time and letting us and other travellers know
that you had good stay at our property. We are so glad that you found the room very clean and
you thought it was good value. We want you to know that when you call us, you can get sometime good discounts as well. We hope to serve you in future.

352-372-1880
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Mike Patel was very helpful and super friendly. The room was large ,clean and very comfortable. Great bed nice and firm (no sagging in the middle) There is a restaurant on site but it is an all you can eat style place which did not appeal to us,However motel was just a 5 minute drive to the restaurant strip and Bo Diddley park. There is lots of parking and a pool. would have stayed longer if we could ,would definately recommend this place
RIA

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

This is my first opinion on tripadvisor, and also i'm Italian, so sorry if my english is not so good. I traveled to Florida to visit my sister who's studying abroad there, and I stayed in this place because it look nice and the price is good. I did make a good choise, it is a nice and comfy place, the rooms are clean, and the staff working there are wonderful people.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I was recently in Gainesville to undergo a procedure at the Shands Hospital At The University Of Florida . I arrived late the night before and was greeted with open arms , this being my second two night stay at the hotel . One of the requirements post operation is that I needed a person to be released to due to anesthetic administration earlier . I had come to Gainesville alone and knew no one in town . The manager of the hotel , Mr. Mike Patel , was kind enough to leave the hotel and act as my guardian while I recovered for the balance of the day . He also held my room for me , even though I was not sure a one night stay at the hospital , not the hotel , would be required . May I also add it was the weekend of a national auto exhibition and there was not a room to be found in Gainesville . In addition to being clean , convenient , and fairly priced , this establishment went out of its way for me , let me change the title and treated me " Like Family " .

Room Tip: I had the pleasure of a handicapped room and the space really was comportable .
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Weston, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

This is an older ground-floor exterior corridor motel. Because of the many favorable reviews, I decided to make this my first stay at an America's Best Value Inn. The property is newly painted on the outside and appears very well-kept. The check-in staff was very friendly and courteous; the clerk took it upon herself to upgrade my room from a single to a king bed without extra charge.

The room's interior is admittedly dated and on the plain side, but the carpet looked very new and spotless. The furnishings are nothing special but the bed was clean and very comfortable. The two chairs in the room looked brand new as well. Everything worked well including the a/c unit. The microwave and minifridge were clean and proved very handy. My only negative was the lack of traditional bar soap and shampoo supply. Instead, liquid soap/lotion dispensers are mounted not only at the bathroom sink but in the shower as well. I didn't care too much for the type of soap products they were filled with. Since this is my first ABV Inn, I don't know if these dispensers are used in all of their properties.

Although I didn't use the pool, it looked very well maintained and the patio area was attractive for this type of establishment. Great location too, not far from UF. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo