Americas Best Value Inn
Value Lodge(Gainesville)
ABC Motel(Gainesville)
Gator Town Inn(Gainesville)
View Hotel
All reviewscouple nightsgreat poolhotel of choiceroom was cleanmicrowavepropertyhospitalcvssurgeryrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This is my first opinion on tripadvisor, and also i'm Italian, so sorry if my english is not so good. I traveled to Florida to visit my sister who's studying abroad there, and I stayed in this place because it look nice and the price is good. I did make a good choise, it is a nice and comfy place, the rooms are clean, and the staff working there are wonderful people.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I was recently in Gainesville to undergo a procedure at the Shands Hospital At The University Of Florida . I arrived late the night before and was greeted with open arms , this being my second two night stay at the hotel . One of the requirements post operation is that I needed a person to be released to due to anesthetic administration earlier . I had come to Gainesville alone and knew no one in town . The manager of the hotel , Mr. Mike Patel , was kind enough to leave the hotel and act as my guardian while I recovered for the balance of the day . He also held my room for me , even though I was not sure a one night stay at the hospital , not the hotel , would be required . May I also add it was the weekend of a national auto exhibition and there was not a room to be found in Gainesville . In addition to being clean , convenient , and fairly priced , this establishment went out of its way for me , let me change the title and treated me " Like Family " .

Room Tip: I had the pleasure of a handicapped room and the space really was comportable .
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This is an older ground-floor exterior corridor motel. Because of the many favorable reviews, I decided to make this my first stay at an America's Best Value Inn. The property is newly painted on the outside and appears very well-kept. The check-in staff was very friendly and courteous; the clerk took it upon herself to upgrade my room from a single to a king bed without extra charge.

The room's interior is admittedly dated and on the plain side, but the carpet looked very new and spotless. The furnishings are nothing special but the bed was clean and very comfortable. The two chairs in the room looked brand new as well. Everything worked well including the a/c unit. The microwave and minifridge were clean and proved very handy. My only negative was the lack of traditional bar soap and shampoo supply. Instead, liquid soap/lotion dispensers are mounted not only at the bathroom sink but in the shower as well. I didn't care too much for the type of soap products they were filled with. Since this is my first ABV Inn, I don't know if these dispensers are used in all of their properties.

Although I didn't use the pool, it looked very well maintained and the patio area was attractive for this type of establishment. Great location too, not far from UF. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel during the Gatornationals for the past 4 years. This is a no-frills hotel, but the rooms are clean and the hotel is quiet. The rates are about the best you will get during race weekend. We've dealt with the same front desk staff every year and they are always friendly and courteous. This property is close to Shands and the VA Hospital. It's not too far from restaurants and shopping. If you want a decent, quiet, reasonable place to stay, this is it. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Came to see the University of Florida and stayed at Americas Beset Value Inn. Everything was great! Very affordable and great service. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family