“Clean Friendly Budget Hotel for Gator Game Weekends”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #28 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed October 6, 2011

For a budget hotel, this is a friendly, clean place with the largest outdoor pool in Gainesville. we stay there for Gator football & basketball weekends. It's close to campus and Shands.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Lithiaann

Reviewed October 3, 2011

Steve and staff were absolutely awesome, we had a family member in the hospital and they treated us like family. They made sure we had a room even though Football games were happening those weekends.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the whole facility
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

Thank you very much for taking time in letting us know that Steve and other staff took care of
you while you had your loved one in HOSPITAL. Although, it gets very busy when special event
is there in town, we try our best to give best possible discount to accommodate our hosptal
guests. I am glad that you liked our location,friendliness of our staff and clean rooms. I hope
your loved one is feeling well from sickness. Again, thank you for taking time. We wish you
all the best for the rest of the year to your family.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We stayed at this hotel during a very busy weekend and were treated exceptionally well by GM Mike Patel. The rooms are clean and the service is excellent. It's not the Ritz Carlton, but doesn't try to be. It's a very friendly place with clean rooms at bargain prices with some availability during some very busy times. This is my first ever review on Trip Advisor, and I'm pleased to see the high rating for this hotel....It deserves it!

Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2011

we appreciate you taking time to let us know that you found our hotel friendly. you found our room very clean and service was excellent. Thank you for your opinion that we deserve good
rating. We want our customers to know that our staff tries hard to please our guest at all the times. If there is an issue, we want our guest to tell us. Thanks again and we look forward to
serving you again with same experience...........General Manager

Reviewed August 21, 2011

I needed a place to stay while moving my daughter to the University of Florida for her first semester. Since I planned to stay a total of 3 days, I needed someplace comfortable, clean, inexpensive, and close to the campus. This fit the bill on all counts.

I want to specifically comment on the amazing service. Minutes after entering my room, the front desk called asking if the room was clean and to my liking. I've never had this experience at a motel before. Truthfully, I've never even had it at high quality hotels. I was happy to report that the room was indeed clean. I also soon discovered that the bed was extremely comfortable, the water pressure in the shower was incredible, and the A/C worked great. During my stay, I took advantage of the room's other amenities, such as the fridge, microwave, free Wi-Fi, and cable TV with HBO. I didn't use the pool, but it was large and appeared to be sparkling clean. I saw other guests enjoying it.

On the first day, I did have one small issue with the shower faucet which wasn't attached well and came off when I tried to turn it. Maintenance showed up at my room in minutes. There were no issues thereafter.

Please note that this is a review for a motel and that there is nothing I could say was luxurious about the room. There were no quality linens, soaps, etc. It was simply comfortable and well-equipped, at a great price. If this is what you're looking for, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Thank you for staying with us. Our experience is that many time guest had good stay but in a busy life, few like you take time to let us and others know about your stay. we are delighted that
you took time and found that you found our location convenient and price affordable. I am sorry that our amenites were not upto your needs/standards. I hope you had a chance to enjoy Shampoo, lotion and soap dispensers in the bathroom. I sincerely hope when you come to visit your loved ones at UF, you will consider to stay one again at our Motel. Thank you.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

I had to stay here for a few days until the lease with my apartment got started and I was very happy with the service provided. The rooms were clean and in excellent shape. The bathrooms were well maintained. There was a microwave and a fridge in the room as well as the free WiFi which we made use of. The manager was very helpful and went out of his way to give us a drop to our apartment which we appreciate a lot. Definitely a place I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Had to booked here because there were no other hotels in Gainesville (graduation weekend). We got there at 12, and even though hotel was obviously empty they didn't want us to check in or at least use a room to change. Graduation was at 2. We spent most of the day out just because of the looks of the hotel. I definitively didnt want to be in the room. Bathroom: no comments...just imagine that I refused to take a shower there. Toilet: I waited to use the toilet in the restaurants when we went to eat. Walls had holes, a small roach crawl on the bathrrom counter. I slept with my clothes on and didn't use their sheets or covers. One inch dust on the furniture, TV, telephone, etc. I left as aearly I could the next morning. Like I said before: I'd rather sleep in my car next time.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kfzaldivarw
jamnaba, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

I am more surprised to read this experience guest states as nothing matches what guest has said in that. It makes me wonder is the guest talking about our hotel. Talking to our staff, certainly, I can not find a guest who had this experience on August 4-5 Graduation. We advertise proudly clean and well maintained rooms and none of my room has inch of dust on any furniture, phone etc and you will not find a hole in any room we rent.The look of the hotel is on the website and it is not misrepresented but the guest is judging the hotel from the look without going into room. Even if the guest is right, we have staff 24 hours on hand and all it takes is one call to report your problem and we take care of it as soon as possible or we move the guest. If guest do not want to stay,we do not charge. But guest did not come to desk even, it seems.Our ranking on tripadvisor speaks for our hotel.It is old but Gold.

Reviewed April 15, 2011

I am all praise for this place when I say this is the "Best Value" for your money and time. It is located a convenient walk from many convenience stores, pizzas and eateries. Exterior is welcoming and interiors are clean and well done. Beds are comfy and u have high speed internet access. Pool is right outside as u step out from ur room.

The feather in the cap is manager Mr. Mike Patel who is caring and considerate in all matters. He even dropped me at my destination where I had to board ground transport for my airport.

I will recommend this place for all persons who want a neat and clean place with a cosy bathroom and all amenities.

Room Tip: Call Mike and tell him what u want.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business