“Excellent stay and three cheers to manager Mr. Mike Patel”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
New Delhi
“Excellent stay and three cheers to manager Mr. Mike Patel”
Reviewed April 15, 2011

I am all praise for this place when I say this is the "Best Value" for your money and time. It is located a convenient walk from many convenience stores, pizzas and eateries. Exterior is welcoming and interiors are clean and well done. Beds are comfy and u have high speed internet access. Pool is right outside as u step out from ur room.

The feather in the cap is manager Mr. Mike Patel who is caring and considerate in all matters. He even dropped me at my destination where I had to board ground transport for my airport.

I will recommend this place for all persons who want a neat and clean place with a cosy bathroom and all amenities.

Room Tip: Call Mike and tell him what u want.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank IndianPrinceNewDelhi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 15, 2011

We booked this room for the Gatornationals based on the other tripadvisor reviews and the daily price. Boy were we surprised! This is an older style open air single floor motel. Exterior is definitely dated, and the interior has been somewhat updated. Average cleanliness, although walls could have been scrubbed better and bathroom would have loved some TLC. A bit skimpy on the "extras"...only two towels, no coffee maker, no iron, no breakfast, only access to a bulk soap dispenser. While I wasn't completely assured of my safety as a single woman staying alone, the area seemed OK for a family or couple. I didn't see any bugs, but neighbors reported some bugs which I suppose could be expected for a room this style. Staff is very friendly though so the entire stay wasn't a bust. I don't recommend this for someone on a nice vacation, but someone strapped for cash or in need of a cheap crash pad for events, this isn't a bad choice.

• Stayed March 2011
6 Thank LaurelBiztraveler
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed December 25, 2010

The hotel cleanliness, quality and service where nice. The rooms where cleaned every morning. I lived for 3 days and was satisfied with the hotel rates and location. Definitely recommend this hotel as its cheap and good.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed December 21, 2010

I recommend this wonderful location to anyone who has to stay in Gainesville, Florida. Manager Mike is incredible and courteous. He and his staff made me feel welcome from the moment I emailed him months ago to set up our stay. My husband had open heart surgery at Shands Hospital. This location is just around the corner--easy access with very little traffic. Each day when I came back to my room it was spotless. It is very quiet here. I was here a whole week; and I always felt safe and very comfortable.
I felt like I was never alone, knowing Mike was at the desk!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, December 24, 2010
I am so humbled knowing that your stay was very good and we were able to look after your stay
in all areas.Although, we try harder, sometime we fail to satisfy our guests but we want you to know that service is our business and i am glad we ranked good during your stay. I hope your husband is doing well and our best wishes for both of yours well being. We were delighted to
serve you and we sincerely appreciate you taking time and share your opinion with us and many other travellers who read this review and use us. Thanks again for your stay and time.As we approach the new year, my staff and I wish you and yours a very happy,healthy and progressive 2011.
Brandon Florida 33511
Reviewed November 18, 2010

We have been staying at Gainesville's American Best Value Inn for over 10 years during both fooball and basketball seasons. The rate is the best in town, with good ameniities. Staff members are friendly. The site is minutes from the Univeristy of Florida campus. The facilities are clean , air conditioning cold , with heat in the winter. The pool is very large with area for game tailgaters. Easy access from I-75, just a few miles to S.W 13th Street, and lesss than a mile from UF campus. All ground floor rooms. Park at your room door. Comfortable clean beds. You'll enjoy your stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Tampa
Reviewed October 31, 2010

Our small group of females had four rooms and each and every room was very clean and there was no problem with bugs. The hotel staff could not be more helpful. The area was very nice and plenty of restaurants nearby including a great Chinese buffet next door. When we checked out, we told the clerk our only complaint was we needed larger coffee cups! They laughed and agreed, saying their repeat guests know to bring their own cups. We will definitely stay here again when in Gainesville.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
FLORIDA
Reviewed October 24, 2010

I have stayed here 2 times and had a good experience. Clean rooms and micro fridge were a plus. Close to Shands is the reason I stayed. If you want the Hilton, pay the Hilton.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple