“Even better than a great value!”

Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW
Ranked #23 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Southeast Florida
“Even better than a great value!”
Reviewed September 12, 2008

Everything about our experience with this hotel was excellent. It has easy access from I-75 and is less than 3 miles from Shands Hospital. Check-in was easy and pleasant. Our room was very clean and nicely furnished. Linens were very nice and plenty of towels. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding from the scrambled eggs & sausage, coffee, glazed cinnamon rolls plus great orange juce & coffee. All the staff we interacted with was very nice and helpful. We would highly recommend this to those needing to stay in the Gainesville area.

• Liked — Easy access from highway, very comfortable accommodation. Would highly recommend it.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank TraditionFlorida

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Morehead City, NC
Reviewed April 4, 2008

Stayed here the last weekend of March 2008. The hotel general area were clean and in good condition. The suite I stayed in was the largest i have ever had in a HI Express. The tile floors in the bathrooms looked great. The only problem was the tile floor in the showers. They were so dirty I had to wear flip flops because I was afraid of touching the floor with bare feet.
Overall it was a great place to stay and very close to many restaurants, a movie theater and several shopping centers. I will stay here again next year but will bring make sure I pack my flip flops... just in case.

Stayed March 2008
PA
Reviewed March 18, 2008

We travel with a small dog and are always wary of roadside hotels.
We arrived at the hotel very late, exhausted, and hopeful that our accommodations would be acceptable. We were greeted warmly and found the room to be very clean, spacious, and extremely comfortable. The quality is a reflection of the care and concern management has with respect to this property. The asst manager, at a later date, helped us find lodging at another site. A 5 star experience and a recommended stop when traveling.

• Liked — Cleanliliness, Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
FLORIDA
Reviewed March 3, 2008

I never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and was very concerned on trying one. After reading other reviews we decided to go for it. Our experience was great from the moment we walked in. The lobby was inviting and decorated very nice. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful with the best route to travel. Our room was comfortable, clean, large and inviting. I would highly recommend this location.

• Liked — CLEANLINESS
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 2, 2008

We were walk-ins. We had booked a room at another chain (Days Inn) and didn't like what we saw. So we drove down I-75 S to the next exit and found this Holiday Inn Express. A very good choice.

This hotel is very clean inside and out. Our check-in was a quick, easy & pleasant experience. Our room & bathroom was very clean, set up with all the little items that you expect like soap, shampoo, coffee, etc. The bed was comfortable, looked like new linens, and the pillows were absolutely heavenly to sleep on.

The continental breakfast was next to perfect. in a very large dining area. The hostess was very friendly and helpful. Coffee was provided 24 hrs.

This was a stop-over for us on a December trip to south FL during the holidays. I would stay here again, and now would choose other Holiday Inn Express hotels.

• Liked — The pillows were heavenly, the breakfast fantastic
  • Disliked — Noise in the hall
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bluealt
North Carolina
Reviewed December 27, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for one night to visit friends before continuing on to our final destination. Check in was speedy, the staff was friendly and suggested a great bar/restaurant for dinner. The room was clean and roomy. We had a king room, non smoking, on the fourth floor. This hotel is conveniently located near restaurants, shops, and I-75.

• Liked — location and clean environment
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga TN
Reviewed October 21, 2007

This is a very nice Holiday Inn Express. The Customer Service levels are VERY high. Check in was quick, and very proffesional and friendly. I got a gift (candy) for being a Priority Club member, and the room was clean and comfortable. The rooms are quite small. Also the hotel is currently remodeling, so there was alot of work being done. The bathtub in my room was obviously brand new since it still had the stickers on it. The breakfast was very good, and I have never seen such a friendly breakfast hostess. She sincerely greeted you and kept the breakfast area very clean and well stocked.

I would highly reccomend this hotel, and was very impressed with the staff.

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Small Rooms, Construction going on.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family