“AWESOME”

Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW
Ranked #21 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We picked this jhotel because we have been staying at other Holiday Inn Express in the past and have always been pleased. Well this particle one one blew us away. The room was beatiful and comfortable. It was well appionted and just a great place to relax after a 14 hour drive. Within walking distance were resturaunts and some shopping, although we did not shop we were just looking for a good meal. The room was verycomfortable with two king size beds with large pillows and pillowtop matresses. With the refridgerator and microwave and in room coffee. we were set to unwind. The complimetry breakfast was great with and nice array of choices. As we will be traveling down to florida a few times every year we will make this a regular stoip in travels.

Room Tip: the room we got was on the 4 th floor and it was quiet and well appoited.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is below average in room and air quality and we have been in 2 different rooms and both smelled of mold/mildew. We can't wait to check out. Everything else is just average at the hotel and there is not an inviting ambience. Staff is neutral and were not apologetic about the smell in the rooms.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bwdw
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear bwdw,

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay with us.

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations.

I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Dhan M

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights on a football weekend and was very pleased with my stay. Check in was fast, parking easy and the room was very clean. Bed was super comfortable (as good as a Westin) and the hotel was in good shape all around. Breakfast was typical and had a decent amount of seating. Hotel is under 10 minutes from the UF campus and we found game day football parking pretty quickly about a 10 minute walk from the stadium.

This hotel is a solid choice for Gainesville.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this property before when going to football games and have always enjoyed our stay. The location is excellent and easy to get to, just off I-75. There are plenty of restaurants within a short distance of the hotel and the University is pretty close.

The hotel is always clean, the rooms are very clean and nicely furnished, the best very, very comfortable as well as the pillows which is a big deal to me since I like to sleep with lots of pillows!

We did not try the breakfast each morning, but it looked good and the hotel staff was very very nice. Would definitely recommend the hotel and will stay here again when we come to Gainesville in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel has terrible policies. I booked a room and called to cancel at least 10 days in advance. I was informed that this weekend was a special event weekend and that although I could cancel the resevation they would charge me for the room anyway. The hotel would then re-sell the room and make double the money. The management was not friendly and would do nothing to help me. They kept quoting their unfriendly customer service policy. I would not recommend booking a room at this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank K P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear K P,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our guest services.

There are types of reservations that comes with a cancellation fee and/or full pre-payment requirement. Many IHG properties are franchised, independently owned and operated. In this case, we determine our own rates and cancellation policies in accordance with local demand and business needs. Acknowledgement of the restrictions is required in order to obtain your confirmation number. This provides you with the option of agreeing to or declining the terms, and gives you a choice to book a different rate type with a different cancellation policy. I apologize for the inconvenience and confusion this has caused you.

We appreciate your feedback and your business. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Dhan M

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed for a weekend. Staff was helpful and efficient. Room was a little dated, but roomy. Breakfast was what you expect from an HI Exp.
Very convenient to I75 and an easy drive to the UF campus.
Overall no complaints...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear MarkDinFL,

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. It is good to know our hotel staff, breakfast and hotel location suited your needs. Our goal is to provide superior customer service and a unique stay to all of our guests. Your feedback regarding the rooms will be passed to the appropriate department for future upgrades. Thank you again for bringing the details of your stay to our attention. We hope to see you again soon.

Zelyn N

Reviewed September 2, 2013

What a horror story but this staff was great especially Brie. We had booked our stay on Expedia they had a mess up in their system and reservation never made it to the hotel. They faxed over paperwork saying they had it in there system but not holiday inn. Brie was gracious enough to help us we canceled with Expedia and got a better rate at the hotel. Hotel is nice and clean they also offer free breakfast in the morning. Great place to stay and what a great staff..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends