Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW
$114
Hilton.com
  • Pool
$100
Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$90
SleepInn
$108
Doubletree.com
$109
$99
$97
Country Inn
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$68
$100
$94
$149
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Gateway Grand(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$109
$84
BestWestern.com
All reviewsroom was cleangas stationspent two nightsfree breakfastconvenient locationyogurtthe breakfast areaother hotelsflat screen tvfirst floorwould stay here againvery nice staybathroom doorthe staff was friendly and helpfulfootball weekendshands hospitallobby
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a great stay here. Very nice facility. Room was great, very clean, comfortable and quiet. We got there too late to use outdoor pool but it looked great. The staff was very helpful. They even gave us directions to a fantastic local restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Convenient location with Cracker Barrel adjacent so we could walk over. Room was spacious and clean. Staff is very friendly. They have a large breakfast area.There were three of us traveling, all separate rooms, and all were impressed with the quality of this inn.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed one night at this well maintained Holiday Inn Express. Rooms were well equipped, complimentary breakfast was good, grounds were very pretty, but the staff was excellent! A very comfortable and relaxing night.

Room Tip: King size rooms are on the non-highway side & very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stopped in for the night on my way down to Orlando. Conveniently located right off the interstate with a traffic light for entering exiting into a nice little side street with a gas station and Cracker Barrel restaurant next door!

Check in with no reservation took all of two minutes and got some great local food suggestions from the associate. The room was clean and good sized with a King Size bed, small desk/sitting area, microwave and refrigerator. The makeup mirror is conveniently located separate from the toilet/shower room so mom can dry her hair while everyone else showers.

The included breakfast bar was a very nice surprise. This is much more than bagels and cold cereal. There were eggs, breakfast meats and a great assortment of pastries and yes, bagels, muffins and cold cereals as well a a nice selection of juices, milk, coffee, etc...

All in all a nice place for a great night's rest and good start to the next day of travel! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was excited about the large room but not at all with the staff or the cleanliness of the room. There were dead bugs in the shower and cobwebs behind the toilets. I found food wrappers on the floor under the bedspread when I pulled it back from the bed. As a priority member I usually am greated with a welcome package or at least a bottle of water but evidently brand loyality isn't of importance to the staff or management of this hotel.

I noticed after I stayed I was charged a $200 cleaning fee for smoking and I don't smoke. When I called to speak with the management about it they matter-of-factly said that the documentation on my stay shows smoking in the room and the charge stands. As a Platinum member of the priority club I would expect a little more respect and better explaination since I show my loyalty to the company (I spent over 50 nights in the chain last year), I asked what proof they had that a non-smoker smoked in the room and was told it's documented but there are no pictures or proof that I smoked...um because I didn't and I don't!

Room Tip: Book at a different hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Disenchanted_1212
TammieVaughn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Ma'am, I am sorry that you do not agree with our policies from July 2012 when you were a guest at our facility. You left me a message on Monday after speaking with Carl, my Assistant Manager, I returned your call on Monday and on Tuesday leaving messages for you to please return my call, as of this time I have not heard from you. I would like to discuss this matter with you. This charge was posted to your folio at the time of your departure in July of 2012, it is not a new charge.