This is one of the nicest Holiday Inn Express hotels in which we have stayed. We had an absolutely huge king bed room with a sofa, two chairs, a microwave, and refrigerator. It was immaculately clean and nicely decorated. (The only odd thing was that you enter the vanity area as soon as you come in the room, although the bathroom area is separate. It was odd, but not a problem.) The TV was a large flat-screen model with great reception and alot of channels.
This property is conveniently situated right off I-75, but close to the University of Florida campus. There is a Cracker Barrel restaurant right beside it, but many other restaurant choices in the immediate area. The parking lot is well-lighted.
There was a very personable young man at the front desk when we checked in. We asked about a certain restaurant nearby that we wanted to try. He knew just where it was and gave us very good directions. There were always fresh cookies, coffee, and tea in the lobby. (We have been to other hotels where the cookies just never seemed to be there during our stay.)
The complimentary breakfast was very good. We especially liked the applesauce cups that were available. (We have never seen these at other hotels in which we have stayed.)
I have only two cons about this property. The bed (very comfortable) only had a very warm comforter on top and not a flat sheet underneath it. On the particular evening on which we stayed, the comforter made us burn up, but we could have used just a light sheet. The only other negative was that it seemed to be a very large property for just one elevator. This was not a big problem for us, but I can't imagine having just one elevator here on a home football weekend.
All in all, we had a very nice stay and would certainly stay here again if we were in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WE ARE CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION, Holiday Inn Express I-75 Gainesville, FL Hotel's Staff Welcomes You. Just off I-75, the Holiday Inn Express, Gainesville / I-75 SW hotel puts you in the heart of Gator country, half-way between the Wild Adventures and Walt Disney World theme parks and 2 hours from Tampa's cruise ship hub. This pet friendly Gainesville, Florida hotel's location is extremely convenient for corporate and leisure travelers. The hotel is near the University of Florida, Shands Hospital at UF and the offices of Nationwide Insurance and Farm Bureau Insurance. For travelers with interests further away, Gainesville Regional Airport (GNV) is just 20 minutes away and for other major cities guests just hop onto the interstate via exit 384 which is right behind the hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/i-75 Sw Hotel Gainesville
- Holiday Inn Gainesville
- Gainesville Holiday Inn Express