“The Holiday Inn Expess Gainsville Florida is an exceptional value, inviting to all travelers.”

Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW
Ranked #21 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

My family if three had the pleasure of staying at the Holiday Inn Express December 22, 2012 while traveling to another destination in Florida. It was conveniently located off of I-75 in a well situated location in Gainsville. A Cracker Barrel was next door along with other resturants and shoping. The staff were extraordinarily courteous and helpful. We stayed in a suite with comfortable amenities. It was quite, very clean, secure, and in excellent condition. I would highly recommend this Holiday Inn Express, without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed December 23, 2012

the staff was great.and the room was not to bad, I would probably stay there again. but the little bug that was in my bed in the morning sort of mad me upset. the front desk was very nice about it ,and was willing to move me. but I had to get on the road back to illinois. for Christmass all this for just $116.89 a night. Leon

Room Tip: just make sure they have sprayed for bug's the day befor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear leosee,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations. We will look into your comments and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Far Below Holiday Inn Express quality. I stay at HI Express hotels across the country more than most travelers. This hotel was built as a budget hotel and now they changed the name to HI Express and want to charge HI Express rates.

The hotel staff at check in was nice, but the room was not up to HI standards. They stamp this cute emboss seal on the toilet paper ends, but there was a ladies bobby pin on the carpet, a long hair stuck to the bathroom ceiling and the quality of the room, furniture, shower, etc was a budget hotel as a business traveler rate.

When I went to check out, the desk clerk just took the key, never once asked about the stay, or if I needed anything. Good location, but not a Holiday Inn Express experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Jeff W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am pleased to know that you find our staff nice and our location suitable for your needs. The team takes great pride in their work and they will be happy that it has been mentioned. Please accept my apology if your stay was negatively affected by the overall condition of our rooms. Rest assured, I will address this and will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

The lobby is beautiful and the location convenient. However, our room was smaller than we are used to with Holiday Inn Express and the bathroom less than spacious. That said, it was clean and comfortable, as well as quiet for a good night's sleep. I'd really rank it a 3.5 rahter than a 3 but it wasn't really a 4.
Breakfast was exactly like all the other Holiday Inn Express hotels. Good, hot and filling but nothing special. One nice touch was that coffee was available on arrival.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I don't like bashing any hotel, especially one that is local to me, but... As a Platinum Holiday Inn member, I am very disappointed in this hotel. First, I find it hard to believe they still allow smoking in this hotel. I smoked for years and believe "smokers have rights too" but I no longer want to live in it. They have smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same floor. Granted, they only have a few smoking rooms, still, why have any as the trend for most national chains is 100% non-smoking. I have no desire to smell smoke in my hotel hallway - period.

I left at 7AM for the day. Maid service didn't come to clean my room till after I arrived back, at 4:30PM. I understand about occupancy and turn over, but there is no reason that my room couldn't have been cleaned in the 9 hours I was gone. IF they really couldn't get it done during that time, then I think corporate needs to look at finding a manager who knows how to properly schedule staffing.

Breakfast selection was poor and stale looking. I told the front desk I was disappointed. Don't really think they cared.

Bottom line, in my opinion, you'd do better to stay elsewhere. This is an old Baymont Inn that sits right on I-75. If you do stay here, be sure to get a West facing room, not on the interstate side.

Room Tip: West Side, away from Interstate.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank johndfffff
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear johndfffff,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum Rewards member and taking the time to write our hotel a review. I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I want to assure you that we work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day, especially with the room accommodations and breakfast you received.

Pam G.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed here for a quick overnight on our way to Miami and the hotel was a great choice. Room was VERY clean and spacious. The grounds were very clean and the pool area was very nice as well. The staff were very helpful and friendly with any needs we were in contact with them for. Would stop back in here any time for a stay when in the area again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2012

It was a surprise to see that they had remodeled since our last visited, which was several years ago. The staff members that we encounter over the three days were all very pleasant. The day that we check in the lady upgrade us to a suite, the suite was about 600 square feet. Oh the towels where long and wrap around me 1 1/2 times, the bed and pillows were comfortable.
Right off I75 makes it an excellent location.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business