“Great service, great prices!”

Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Sanford, Florida
“Great service, great prices!”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Starting from the reservation service, e lady who attended me and my girlfriend was real nice and helpful. We stayed for a weekend, but it was a wonderful service. The room was clean, and every day we had clean sheets. It was a calming and relaxing experience, specially when much rest was needed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

The service in this hotel is the worst that I have ever encountered. I stay all over for different things and have stayed here before. It WILL be my last!!! The manager should lose his job for his rudeness and being so unprofessional.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank bucsfan911
TammieVaughn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Good Morning, I am sorry for the bad experience that you had at our hotel. We are bound by the IHG Employee Benefit Program rules that the proper documentation must be presented at check in to receive the employee rate. Upon arrival without the proper documentation, the best we could do is offer you the friends and family rate, which you found unacceptable and exercised your choice to stay at another property in Gainesville, which we hope you found to be a great experience. I would be happy to speak with you regarding this matter. I can be contacted at 352-376-0004.
Tammie Vaughn, GM

Travelers are raving about these Gainesville hotels

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Came here to visit family in the area. Room.was clean but small, however it met our needs. Desk staff was exceptional and seemed genuinely happy to help. After waking up the first day. Our sink was full of ants. Troy W.was more than happy to rectify the situation and moved us to a poolside room. He was very apologetic and couldn't have been more helpful. My son was thrilled! No problems with second room. Breakfast was great. So many choices and well attended to. Thank you for a great stay and making us feel welcomed and important.

• Stayed July 2012
Lawrenceville, Illinois
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Place to stay..overall clean, rooms decorated nicely. The staff is friendly. I don't know about breakfast as we just got in our room. Cracker Barrell next door is handy. This is a good place to stay over night on your travels. My only complaint is the smell of cigarette smoke when you come in the hotel. I am an ex-smoker and don't mind the smell of smoke but stale old smoke is not a pleasant greeting.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I usually stay at Holiday Inn's on my way to and from South Florida. This is possibly the worst I've experienced. Musty smell in room. TV only worked after swiveling set and plugging jack back in. Toilet kept running. Lifting the lid to the cistern revealed a thick layer of mold. Bathroom shower curtain reeked. If the wind is blowing across the garbage bin at the next door Cracker Barrel the smell is revolting. Stay away from this overpriced dump.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank bardian68
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear bardian68,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I'm sorry your stay was negatively affected by the smell and the room amenities. I understand the inconvenience this has caused you. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care
fkennedy
Reviewed May 31, 2012

we stayed here one night and i would not hesitate to go back, very friendly staff and clean room, what more could you ask for

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We’ve have stayed here a couple times when visiting our son at the University; it is by far the best hotel we’ve stayed at in Gainesville. The pool area is clean and well maintained, the rooms are perfect, oversized and very well maintained. The breakfast is very plentiful and always clean and well organized and the staff is very professional and pleasant – we just love this hotel!

Room Tip: Every room is equally nice