“Good hotel, good price”

Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
orlando
“Good hotel, good price”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed for one night in July while visiting UF, paying around $90 (advance booking). The hotel was about 10-12 minutes from the University, near a Target and other shopping and chain restaurants. I found the hotel to be very clean and the bed was comfortable. Our room was right next to the highway but I wasn't bothered by the noise, others might need to request a room not on the interstate side. Access was from the interior only and felt safe. The breakfast was adequate, the staff were friendly and efficient. The facilities are aging but clean. We will be repeat visitors over the next four years. Go Gators!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Lilburn, Georgia
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My wife and I traveled to Gainesville for nearby church program. We typically stay at Comfort Inns or other Choice Hotels. we stayed four nights. The staff was very courteous and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable with a king size bed and costs were reasonable for being close to I-75 and downtown Gainesville. The room amenities were nice with a small kitchen sink along with the fridge and microwave. The room carpet was fairly updated. The bathroom could use some minor touch ups, but was adequate. WiFi worked well when we needed internet access. The AC functioned well by the window with a digital thermostat to easily set the desired room temperature. We had a room that faced the front of the hotel and away from I-75. It was quiet for the most part. The morning breakfast was typical With scrambled eggs, sausage, waffle machine, breads, yogurt and cereals. Fruit was available, but could have been a little fresher for bananas. It was tasty overall.
We would stay here again if passing through.

Room Tip: Choose room at front of hotel facing east if you want to avoid any I-75 road noise.
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I had an emergency at home, had water in my home and no AC . I needed a pet friendly, local hotel. I called several and they charged $25 and up to bring a pet. I finally called the Comfort Inn in Gainesville, Florida. I had a room, king size bed, clean and a full breakfast menu every day. Tiffany was so nice and accommodating when I called. The rates were the best and the room and amenities were great! If you are staying overnight in Gainesville I would highly recommend the Comfort Inn.

1 Thank Joyce D
DeBary, Florida
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night in June. Upon arriving very early in the day I took a chance to see if we could check in since we would be at the hospital for the remainder of the day. The desk clerk was very friendly and understanding. He said "sure" where you would you like to have your room. I said the quietest possible and that is exactly what we got! The room was ready and clean. The decor was up to date and the bedding was comfortable. The breakfast was ample and hot. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diane P
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stay here each time we come to Gainesville. During Gator baseball season that adds up quickly. We enjoy the staff, Ariana and Andrew are usually on when we arrive. They treat us like extended family. During our last visit we pulled into the driveway and Ariana had our room ready by the time I walked into the lobby, including a special request this time for a specific type of room. A all of the staff is friendly and competent. The facility is very well kept and maintained and all of the staff members are focused on customer satisfaction.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Gainesville Florida area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Amazing! We were surprised by the value of this room! Huge king bed with pull out sofa! Refrigerator and microwave of course! Our room was very clean and fresh! Staff was very helpful and had knowledge of the area! Breakfast was great ! Waffles, eggs and toast were on the menu much better than fast food!

We will definatly stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Crestview, Florida
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My stay was due to rather not so happy reasons, my mom had been sent to the North Florida hospital, so I had to come to G'ville a bit. I didn't stay at the hotel my first stay but I wish I did. They were amazing, just lovely people. The rooms were very nice and clean, I appreciate that, I've been to a lot of hotels and some not as clean, for the price. I had one room without my pet and the other with and they were both clean and very nice. I once stayed at another hotel were the pet friendly room smelled. Not this 1, it was a bit smaller but it was just as nice as the other and it was on the ground floor. Everyone was helpful, even when I had to stay an extra night and get another room for a family member. The breakfast was wonderful, you have to eat the biscuits and gravey....to die for! The pool is small, but very nice and they provided plenty of towels. When I go back I will stay at this hotel, the manger and all the staff down to the housekeeping was wonderful and made my stay so wonderful even under the circumstances. The price was good and fair, there are other hotels near by, very near by, but if you want a stay that you feel safe and comfy and "at home", then you should come to the comfort Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family