“Nice Easy Place to Stay”

Comfort Inn University
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
DeBary, Florida
“Nice Easy Place to Stay”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night in June. Upon arriving very early in the day I took a chance to see if we could check in since we would be at the hospital for the remainder of the day. The desk clerk was very friendly and understanding. He said "sure" where you would you like to have your room. I said the quietest possible and that is exactly what we got! The room was ready and clean. The decor was up to date and the bedding was comfortable. The breakfast was ample and hot. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diane P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stay here each time we come to Gainesville. During Gator baseball season that adds up quickly. We enjoy the staff, Ariana and Andrew are usually on when we arrive. They treat us like extended family. During our last visit we pulled into the driveway and Ariana had our room ready by the time I walked into the lobby, including a special request this time for a specific type of room. A all of the staff is friendly and competent. The facility is very well kept and maintained and all of the staff members are focused on customer satisfaction.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Gainesville Florida area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Amazing! We were surprised by the value of this room! Huge king bed with pull out sofa! Refrigerator and microwave of course! Our room was very clean and fresh! Staff was very helpful and had knowledge of the area! Breakfast was great ! Waffles, eggs and toast were on the menu much better than fast food!

We will definatly stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Crestview, Florida
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My stay was due to rather not so happy reasons, my mom had been sent to the North Florida hospital, so I had to come to G'ville a bit. I didn't stay at the hotel my first stay but I wish I did. They were amazing, just lovely people. The rooms were very nice and clean, I appreciate that, I've been to a lot of hotels and some not as clean, for the price. I had one room without my pet and the other with and they were both clean and very nice. I once stayed at another hotel were the pet friendly room smelled. Not this 1, it was a bit smaller but it was just as nice as the other and it was on the ground floor. Everyone was helpful, even when I had to stay an extra night and get another room for a family member. The breakfast was wonderful, you have to eat the biscuits and gravey....to die for! The pool is small, but very nice and they provided plenty of towels. When I go back I will stay at this hotel, the manger and all the staff down to the housekeeping was wonderful and made my stay so wonderful even under the circumstances. The price was good and fair, there are other hotels near by, very near by, but if you want a stay that you feel safe and comfy and "at home", then you should come to the comfort Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This comfort inn is avarage in appearance and somewhat outdated but the staff are very helpful, friendly and on the ball. Our room was adequate and comfortable but the bathroom needs some updating. A reconditioning of the room is needed to receive a higher rating. Breakfast was fine and the price was reasonable. We would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

VERY pleasant and accommodating staff. Called another place. $10 cheaper but based on 6th sense I paid the extra $10 and stayed here and couldn't be happier. Large spacious room for 4 adult women. Very comfortable. Wonderful showers. Small kitchenette. Everything spotless. Well worth the extra money. Nice deluxe continental breakfact with I nice dining area.

• Stayed May 2014
Bronson, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This hotel is absolutely amazing!! I have never stayed somewhere where the staff treats you more like friends and family then guest. Tiffany is awesome! If more hotels had a manager like Jay then they would be in pretty good shape (: deff coming back every time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple