“Best hotel in Gainesville”

Comfort Inn University
Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Sebring, Florida
“Best hotel in Gainesville”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I love this place! The employees are always so kind and courteous. I always feel safe there, maybe I am naive in that area, but it just feels like family. I recommend this hotel wholeheartedly. You see I stay here each time I have to go to Shands and they always find the time to ask me how I am doing, how the appt went. It's just...they're the best!

Room Tip: Rooms on any floor above the first are best. I have stayed here numberous times and it was only this...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We stopped overnight on a road trip so we could take my daughter on a college tour of UF. The tour was great but this hotel stay poisoned the whole experience. First, be aware that the pin location for this hotel is incorrect in trip advisor: I made reservations for this hotel thinking I was next to the university--in fact, this property can't get any closer to interstate 75 unless you were actually in your car. Because I thought the motel was located in town, I was willing to spend the $200(!!!) per night for this reservation. We entered a room with Frankenstein carpet, it smelled rank, the air conditioner was noisy, and there were suspicious stains on the bedspread. What a disappointment. We were told that we got the last room because the "Pepsi Classic" was in town and all the other hotels were charging much higher prices. I should have checked--I can only say, buyer beware.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank ONCSail
Inverness, FL
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were attending a conference in Gainesville and chose this hotel because it was reasonably priced and close to the conference hotel. We were not disappointed. The desk clerk, Ariana, was super! Even though we arrived in the morning, she was able to get us into a room right away. This allowed us to get settled in before heading to the conference. Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The complimentary breakfast each morning had a wide selection of items - the scrambled eggs, sausage, banana, and hot coffee hit the spot. As with most other hotels, the room was not totally dark when the lights were turned off, but that was not a major problem. Suggestion: have two waste baskets - we had one in the room but none in the bath. When checking out, Ariana was again very helpful. We were splitting the cost of the stay and she did that quickly and efficiently.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank tomjackfl
Bainbridge, Georgia
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The room was clean, the bed was really soft and customer service was really friendly. It was very quiet and comfortable. Location was good, very close to where we needed to go and also close to a lot of shopping centers and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Rhonda G
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Disappointed with the room. Most of the lights in the room did not work. The room was suppose to be a suite. The room was not cleaned well, and the staff was less than friendly. I needed to ask for extra pillows for the sofa sleeper, and for the blankets. I was told that I had to come downstairs and get the blankets and sheets. No one had cleaned under the sofa in months. The room was in disrepair in the bathroom, and bedroom. I definitely would not recommend this hotel to anyone. There are better rooms for a cheaper price on the same street as this hotel. I changed hotels after the first night. Terrible is the right description for my stay. If I was paying $60 - 80 per night it would have met my expectations, but for $125 - $150 per night this was a horrible experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
danville,va
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The fresh clean scent the minute we walked in the door alerted us that this was likely to be a pleasant experience. And pleasant it was ! The general manager , Jay Patel, and desk clerk, Tiffany, could not have been more friendly or helpful. We had several requirements, especially after encountering bugs someplace else the night before, and Jay and Tiffany really went out of their way to answer all our questions and be sure we were comfortable and satisfied.

We are 3 sisters traveling together and we got 2 rooms - one "pet friendly" with a king size bed, and one handicapped with 2 Queen beds . The rooms are comparatively large with extremely comfortable beds and mounds of comfy pillows. We aways travel with our own pillows if driving and didn't even need them this time. The rooms smelled just as fresh and clean as the lobby- a VERY nice welcome surprise. Everything in this place is immaculate, everyone who works here is very friendly, all smile and say hello. The people at the desk are very knowledgable about the area, the lobby is very inviting.
The breakfast area is clean and bright and even has a special area just for pet owners who want to keep their well behaved pets with them. The breakfast is more than sufficient with all the "normal" things like cereals and breads & juices, plus fruit, yogurt, scrambled eggs, sausage, sausage gravy, biscuits, flavored coffee creamers, something for everyone. And well supplied with everything.
We had planned to stay 1 night, then drive 300 miles and stay someplace else before driving the final miles to our destination (Sanibel Island) but this Comfort Inn is so extremely comfortable and nice that we decided to stay here a second night and drive an extra long day the next day. We tried to book rooms for the way home on 3/29 but they are already fully booked for some event. Too bad, now we will have to take our chances again !

I really can't say enough good things about Comfort Inn University ! VERY well run, Very clean, Excellent staff, great place to stop !

Room Tip: No exterior doors to the rooms but ours on the first floor were a very short walk to the lobby and o...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Indiana
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We always stay at this Comfort Inn on our way to southern Florida. We can always expect a great clean room. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The breakfast is always good and hot with a clean dining area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple