Comfort Inn University
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Gainesville(Gainesville)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskchoice hotelscookiesroom was cleangranola barslemon waterthe breakfast areachecking inwaffleshospital ratenice place to staynext morninggreat customer servicehot breakfastminute driveshopping and restaurantswaffle maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2014

A typical Comfort Inn Hotel. Clean and comfortable rooms. The double we had included a refrigerator and microwave. Breakfast bar is adequate. Easily accessible off the interstate, yet in a quiet, secluded area

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
CIWGeneralManager, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn University, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Lisa1946,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in January. We are so happy that you were pleased with our hotel’s comfortable rooms and quiet atmosphere. We hope that you continue to support the Comfort Inn University, as well as all of the other different brands Choice Hotels offers. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed at the Comfort Inn University from Jan 9-12, 2014. I was very pleased with the staff, all of them were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean and updated. The room was a nice size for my family of 4 (2 adults, 5yr old, & 2 yr old). The little 'kitchenette' with microwave and fridge in room was a pleasant surprise after our long road trip. The breakfast in the morning was excellent. Much to choose from and the scrambled eggs were delicious. The beds were very comfortable and I loved the fact that you could choose your own size pillows. For the price of under $80 a night, I could not ask for better! I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Jennifer P,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in January. We are thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed everything our hotel has to offer, including our kitchenettes in the rooms, our new bedding and pillows, and of course our complimentary hot breakfast. We are pleased to know that your experience our hotel was a memorable one and your stay was perfect. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I am a diamond member for the past 6 years and have stayed here numerous times. Great Hotel for the money. The hotel is in a good location. Close to restaurants and the campus. Easy access on and off of the interstate. Clean rooms and friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear David D,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in January. There is nothing more wonderful and fulfilling than being able to read such beautiful comments and reviews about our hotel. The fact that you are a diamond member is such great news, and we’re so proud you have been so loyal to the Choice Hotel brand. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful and thoughtful guests stay with us day after day. Making our guests feel both comfortable and at home at our property, is what we strive for everyday. On behalf of the Comfort Inn University, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I booked our rooms online on got a great rate by paying in advance. We were visiting family in nearby Archer so the location was great. It's near shopping and restaurants all walkable.

When we drove up there were several people outside smoking and that turned me off. There should be a designated smoking area some place other than the front of the hotel. It looks trashy and some of the people smoking were young kids. The back of the hotel would be better as a designated area and is easily accessible.

The staff was all friendly and I might suggest a standard type of uniform for the desk staff. Desk staff is usually the first impression of a hotel and kind of sets the tone. There was a girl that looked like she had just thrown on some clothes and came to work when we checked in.

Our room was pretty standard Comfort Inn style and looked a little tired but was clean. Breakfast was typical with a waffle maker, scrambled (powdered) eggs, sausage, biscuits, cereal etc.

Overall comfortable and priced well.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor and I notice they had rooms on the first floor and those rooms would be noisy with people coming and going.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Gigglebelly,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in January. We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed taking advantage of our low room rates this year, and the location of our hotel is preferable for your shopping needs. As far as the smoking in the front of the hotel, we have ashtrays outside specifically so people can smoke outside. Obviously, we prefer them smoking outside then inside the hotel. As long as cigarettes are legal in the United States, we cannot tell people or enforce a rule where that people may not smoke outside. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

It's an older comfort inn, so expect the furniture to look the part as well as the older hotel "stuff". Overall, the staff was nice and accommodating (I think one woman may have been having a bad day). I would suggest getting NEW A/C units as they are very out of date. Mine rattled and was fixed the next day, but then the air temp gauge didn't work either, so it was kind of cold. The bed was nice and comfy, though, and I slept well the second night. I'd also suggest getting new floor mats for the showers. (They are "clean" but have those mold stains that aren't very appealing to the eye). Oh, and my bathroom didn't have conditioner- only shampoo and lotion for some reason. On THAT note, I've been to many comfort inn and/or suites, and whatever shampoo and conditioner they supply KILLS my hair. So, I wasn't too disappointed I didn't have conditioner, but still. I wish they had better hair/body products so I can actually USE them and not have to buy big bottles when I'm on a job site for weeks at a time. I thought breakfast was the basic comfort inn breakfast. Nothing special,but it tasted fine to me. The only thing at this particular hotel I'd suggest is some GREEN tea. I'm not a fan of the one black tea they had. Other comfort inn's have a Bigelow tea variety I enjoy quite a bit. Overall, I don't think I'd pay $95 to stay here again, but if it was cheaper I wouldn't mind it. Hope this helps!

Room Tip: Not 304... unless they fix the A/C unit.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear businesswoman2014,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in January. After reading your post, our managers had a conference call with the owners of the hotel, and we discussed purchasing new furniture and AC units with them. They were extremely receptive to your concerns, and have decided to make the necessary changes to the property within the year. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.