“Not bad at all”

Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Conyers, GA
“Not bad at all”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stopped here for the night on the way to visit family for graduation event, this was our first time at this hotel. We usually stay at one of the Choice Hotel family to earn points in their loyalty program. While there wasn't anything special here, there wasn't anything wrong either. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time to stay here as we travelled south once again. Easy access from the turnpike, comfortable, clean rooms and a satisfying breakfast to get us on our way the next morning. Recommended!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida, United States
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Rooms are very clean, beds are comfy, and breakfast is great, they have a hot breakfast every day. Also very quite, nice pool etc. Directly off the interstate, close to shopping, gas and food. I stay there everytime I go to Gainesville, wich is probably twice a year.

Room Tip: Any room is great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Murphysboro, Illinois
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Friendly clerks, spotless and quiet rooms, near everything. What more can you want? Even had fun (and good service) with Addie at the desk. I can't remember a negative, unless you want gourmet breakfast food. What they serve is adequate to get you back on the road.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tom D
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Where should I begin? This hotel was our last stop on the way home from New Orleans and it was our fifth hotel and by far the worst. Check in was very fast but weird as we were given our room keys wrapped in a piece of torn paper (see picture), never have seen it before. Well, we went to our 2nd floor room and were welcomed by a very strong and disgusting smell of mold, mildew, and some kind of cleaner in our room which was way too humid, and it wasn't even hot and humid outside. I thought that maybe the room will dry out if I lower the temperature on the A/C unit which looked absolutely disgusting. It was late so we wanted to go to bed BUT the bed sheets were so horrible, grey, worn, and torn (see pictures) with pubic hair on them Yew!!! I went straight to the front desk and after explaining the problem was given a key to go check out another room. That other room looked and felt about the same with same grey old worn out bed sheets but in addition it was adjoined to another room and while I was checking it out, I could hear every word that the neighbors said. So back I went to the front desk where I was given some sheets to change them myself which I did. It was only one night so I didn't want to make a big deal but believe me, those two rooms were REALLY disgusting. In the morning, we tried their breakfast and it was OK.
On our way to New Orleans we stayed at Cabot Lodge next door and it was excellent although we paid exactly the same price as for this disgusting dump. I tried to stay positive as we did have an excellent road trip but in the future I'll never stay at another Comfort Inn nor will I recommend it to my friends as it' not comfortable or even clean at all.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank love2explore25
Fruitland Park, Florida
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel was perfect for us. The hot breakfast with eggs, sausage, and waffles was delicious! It was clean, well lit, and the staff were friendly and helpful. The location was easy to access from the Interstate and close to the University where we had a scheduled activity. Will most definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We chose the superior king room which has a mini kitchen. GREAT! Lots of room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were greeted warmly by hotel staff who were friendly and informative. The room was very quiet, clean and well kept. The bed was nice and the shower/tub were also good. The morning breakfast was done nicely and accompanied by a selection of newspapers. The hotel is located just off I-75, convenient located to all Gainesville places as well as the University of Florida. This is an above average Comfort Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CIWGeneralManager, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We are glad to hear you had a very nice stay here at the Comfort Inn University. Thank you for your review