Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
Courtyard Gainesville(Gainesville)
Average 3/5
Excellent 5/5
1,203 results
All reviewsfront deskbreakfast buffet isroom servicefull servicebusiness tripuniversityfloridalobbyfootballschoolmaintenanceclosetgraduationhurricanesurgerygainsvillepet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 10, 2011

The Hilton University of Florida is the BEST available in the Gainesville metropolitian area and we've tried a few other supposed upscale establishments. We're usually their for a spring Foundation Board Meeting and University social events and again in the fall for another Board meeting and football game. The room rates are significantly higher during "home" football games, but that's the case across the board. Do book far in advance for football weekends; otherwise you will be locked-out and maybe staying in a dump.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Overall this hotel is your basic chain with nothing special. Thus when traveling for work, I expect the basic service from a chain of clean rooms, comfortable beds and working internet. Well, the Hilton met my first two expectations but completely failed on the third component.
The internet would cut out every five minutes or so and I would have to spend 10 minutes (or sometimes longer) to reconnect. I could not get any work done. One e-mail would take 20 minutes to send rendering my work accomplished almost nil at the hotel. I HATE having to go to Starbucks to send e-mails instead of sitting in my room in my pajamas doing work!
I complained every night multiple times to the front desk during my week stay. Upon each complaint they would send the chief engineer to reset the internet and apologize. They also informed me that they're migrating to Wifi soon and thus hope to avoid these connection issues. But for me, that was not the case.
The icing on my poor business experience was upon check-out when I reiterated my complaints to the front desk. The front desk employee (the night manager, I believe) informed me (after questioning my troubles and almost not believing that I had complained nightly!) that she was sorry and would have the general manager contact me within a few days to "make it right." I have given the GM two weeks to contact me and have heard nothing. I have had the same promises from other Hilton family hotels, specifically the Hampton Inn in Columbus, Ohio, and they actually called to discuss my displeasure and provide serious complimentary rewards points toward a free stay. The Gainesville Hilton obviously is not at the same standards of its sister hotels.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
HiltonUF, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2011

Dear Sir-

Thank you for agreeing to speak with me regarding your recent stay. Again we apologize for the challenges with the Interent during your stay. We are very happy to say that we have completed the install of the Wireless Internet in all our guest rooms and that it will remain complementary to all guests as it was in the past. This completion of the installion will resolve the issues that were happening that week.

We look forward to having the chance to provide you with the service you deserve as an Honored Hilton guest in the future.

Nanci Haley

Reviewed November 21, 2010

Pro's - great out door /pool area for the warm afternoon. Day time front desk staff was very accommodating. We had packages delivered to the hotel and the Front Desk Staff delivered personally to our room. Really great breakfast buffet.

Con's: Further from the University than expected. If you travel to Gainesville on game day many items advertised are not accurate (some involve the hotel, some are just the area) the taxi minimum from the hotel to ANYWHERE was $30, hotel free transportation to the University on game day is now $8 per person, transportation from the airport is provided according to the expedia website, we arrived at 10pm and we were told Sorry, you have arrived late, our shuttle doesn't run at this time. Restaurant staff, although can be friendly, are not accommodating, you are there on their time not yours. The bed in our room was hard as a rock. Also, be sure that what you asked for is what you really get - we arrived and our non smoking (even after confirming with the Front Desk Staff) was actually a smoking room and when we contacted the Front Desk for a room move it took great pressure and attitude to accomplish - not fun at 11pm after a long day of traveling. For a cheaper price, might not complain as much.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2010

The room smelled, the bathroom had mold and mildew, the A/C didn't work properly, the bed was uncomfortable and the sheets were itchy. The staff was rude. I stood there at check-in while the employees ignored me to finish their conversation then went to help a guy in a suit that came after me. I was wearing my Army uniform at the time so I guess those employees had something against the military. I am definitely not wasting my money to stay there again and I'm recommending to all my coworkers and colleagues not to stay there.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2010

We returned today after a two night stay, while in town attending a Gator football game. We greatly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful, and very quick to provide requested service. We ate from the breakfast buffet each morning, and in the restaurant one evening, and were very happy with each meal. As Gator fans and UF alumni, we found the "theming" of the hotel to be a lot of fun, yet tastefully decorated. The rooms and public areas were beautiful, clean, quiet, and well-appointed; they even provided great little extras- local newspapers on the weekend, chips and punch in the lobby, etc. We liked the pool. and couldn't wait to jump in after coming back from the game. A major bonus for us was that they accept pets up to 75 pounds, so we were able to bring our Golden Retriever along with us.
All in all, we had a fantastic stay, and hope to return soon!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family