Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Gainesville(Gainesville)
1,203 results
All reviewsfront deskbreakfast buffet isroom servicefull servicebusiness tripuniversityfloridalobbyfootballschoolmaintenanceclosetgraduationhurricanesurgerygainsvillepet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 10, 2009

My husband and I used Hilton Honors points to stay here for the first football weekend of the season. The room was spacious and clean, the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was nice but the shower was so weak it took me forever to rinse the soap from my hair. I had preordered a "Gator Snack Attack" with sodas, telling them I was arriving at 7pm, and when we entered the room the basket was there, and the sodas were cold. This was different from my stay here in the spring, when my preorder never arrived and the front desk staff looked at me like I had three heads when I asked about it. Anyway, much better this time.
We ordered twice from room service. Both times the staff were great and the food was dreadful. The first night I ordered sliders with homemade chips. The sliders had burger slices that were tiny, hard and cold-- the chips were also cold and stale-tasting. The second night I ordered a sausage flatbread but somehow received something different that I didnt like at all-- so I ended up ordering chinese food from a local delivery service instead of trying again with room service.
One morning we had the breakfast buffet in the restaurant and that was quite good. Although we almost missed breakfast because when we called down to the front desk to ask the breakfast times, we were given the incorrect times.
Location for gameday was great, as its a block from a bus service that takes you to/from the stadium for $8 with absolutely no hassle and little to no waiting.
One pet peeve is that there's no wireless internet-- just the wired version (not free) through a cord on the desk that tethers you to the desk on a short lease, and two people in the room cant work online at once.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2009

The Hilton Gainesville is probably the nicest hotel I have stayed in while visiting “Gator Country”. Located just outside the campus it is a close drive to movie theaters, shopping, restaurants and other local attractions such as the Art and Natural History museums.

The rooms were spacey and unlike many other fancy hotels I have stayed at, the internet was free. The pool is extremely small, but the majority of people who stay at this Hilton are there for some sort of convention usually. The Fitness room is probably one of their best assets, Complete with every piece of equipment one would need, they have television screens on each piece of equipment as well as headphones so as not to disturb others in the room with you.

The bar has been recently renovated and is now named for The University of Florida’s biggest fan, Mr. Two Bits.

The small hotel store is extremely expensive for everything ranging from toothpaste to a University of Florida shirt. I highly recommend making the short drive to Archer for any and all your shopping needs.

In conclusion, the Gainesville Hilton is a very small yet fancy hotel for either the business traveler or the rather wealthy Gator fan. You will find all the amenities you would need here, many of which are free such as the Internet and the fitness center.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2009

I am a Hilton Honors member and I have visited this hotel several times. I find that this particular Hilton is taking advantage of the hotel name. The UF Conference Center is less than what one comes to expect from a Hilton. Every time I book my stay here I think that my experience will be different. It isn't - it just goes from bad to worse. This time the front desk was short staffed and bore little to no knowledge of services a guest might require; florist, full service salon, etc. I called for help prior to my visit and was passed on to four different people and still could not get help regarding concierge/guest services. I inquired again upon check-in and no one could help. I found the information I needed through tripadvisor and google. There was an UF banquet function the evening I arrived. It was pouring rain and the place was overcrowded with cars and people - little to no help such as valet or crowd control. The floors were wet and Eduardo their main doorman/porter or whatever his job was supposed to be kept slopping up the floor making it worse. I slipped and fell and told the front desk. I wasn't asked to fill out an accident report; the man didn't seem concerned he just said, "Yeah, well it's wet out there and we just waxed the floors yesterday." Later that evening I went back to the front desk to ask about our room/breakfast rate and how do we let the restaurant know. That man on the front desk argued with me about my room rate plan and refused to honor my breakfast included rate plan. They told me to call the 1-800 number and get it straightened out. I said, "NO! I confirmed this booking before I arrived" so after he poked around on his computer he said, "Sorry, you're right" and sloppily wrote out some breakfast passes for our party which the restaurant then argued with my husband and daughter the next day and said they were not valid. We had multiple runs to the front desk with room key troubles, there were dirty dishes in the hallway day and night, room service dish bins and laundry bins in the hallway day and night. Room service was adequate but the person who delivered the food tried to stay and chat and made comments about items in our room. That just steps over the line for professional services and was creepy enough to scare my teenage daughters. The hotel phone wouldn't work right and we couldn't call room to room. We tried with the hotel floor phone but that only linked up with the front desk. Our water pressure in the bathroom was terrible and then the sink wouldn't drain and the toilet wouldn't flush. The sink in our room was dirty when we checked in (most likely from the slow drain from the previous guest). The business center is a tiny closet of a room that has three computers, one printer and what looks to be a scanner/fax. There was no business center assistant on duty. The last time I stayed here there were about 12 of adolescent soccer players monopolizing the only one of three working computers. The printer wouldn't work either - so I managed to fix both the printer and one of the computers so they could function. I shouldn't have to do Hilton's job for them.

This hotel is used mostly for their conference center/hall rentals, group stays and overnight sport teams which pass through town- so I am sure they are overwhelmed with the group catering/banquet aspect of the hotel. I don't think the conference/banquet management is on the same wavelength as the hotel management. As a Hilton Honors member and an individual guest of this particular Hilton I felt less than welcomed. I don't think this management team knows how to do their job or serve all of their guests, not to mention return patrons. I shan't stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank FL_songbird
Reviewed May 19, 2009

My wife and I made a quick trip to Gainesville to experience the Florida Museum of Natural History and it's terriffic Butterfly Garden! Check In was very fast (we're Hilton Honors members) and friendly! We self parked in their large parking lot. This is a convention center hotel. The room was a king bed and there was a noticable sour/mildew smell but not overwelming. You gotta expect that in Florida just as long there is no mold all over. The room was clean with a 32" flat panel LG television, internet access (we did not use) and nicely appointed.
We did not eat in the restaurant but ordered room service. Typical service charges and high prices but you get that everywhere. The French fries that came with my turkey club were COLD but the sandwich was very good. We also had some "sliders" little burgers were just OK. The piece of key lime pie cost $9.00! and not very good. It took a half hour for the order to arrive with a friendly server.
We had Express checkout and went right from the room to our car.
We did not use the other facilities, pool, fitness center etc. We would stay here again for the convenience to the University of Florida (Gators!), the museums ( a walk across the thoroughfare) and surrounding restaurants (all the franchises, Outback, Carrabbas, Starbucks, Wendys, Burger Kings etc, etc are all no more than a five minute drive away.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2009

I was on a one-day business trip to the University of Florida. This hotel is right on the edge of campus. However, because the campus itself is large, you cannot walk to many places if you stay here. (In contrast to a hotel at Penn State where you can go without a car if you stay there.)

The service was typically good and the parking was plentiful and free. There are plenty of restaurants within a short driving distance.

The room was ordinary, though there must be a new trend to have LCD TVs with inputs at the desk, e.g., you can hook your computer up to the TV and practice your presentation. However, this is an instance where flat screen TV does not equal good picture quality. If TV watching (from cable--if you bring a DVD player with s-video or HDMI (no component hookup), it's probably just fine) is your thing, this is not the place to stay.

One strange thing about the bathroom. There is a full-length mirror in front of the toilet, so if you feel funny about looking at yourself use the toilet, hang a towel in front of the mirror.

High-speed internet was free, at least wired and there might have been wireless. Seems to work as advertised.

The price ($165 per night) was probably fair for this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business