Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Gainesville
“Good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had an untimely stop in Gainesville FL over this past weekend and needed accommodations. We stopped at two other locations and was directed to Hilton U. A bit apprehensive based on it's name, thinking it's spring break, Final 4 basketball games & students everywhere. We found this property very likeable. The staff was training a new person so being in the hospitality industry I understood "there is always turnover". They were polite, gave us a good walk in deal & we fell to sleep quickly with no noise of any kind. Thank you.

Room Tip: choose a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
tom m, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Ht4jp,
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay, and thank you for understanding about training of our new staff. Even being on campus our guests are very professional and considerate of other guests.
Once again thank you for the great comments and when your travels bring you back please let us know.

Tom MacDonald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Arabic first
Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

For the last three years I have been staying in Hilton Hotels. But my last experience was just a week ago. The hotel was beautiful, decor lovely. The only thing I was very disappointed about was the making of the beds, we were here for four nights and they never made the beds or change the linens on the third day. So make sure they do what the the hotel policy is.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Anthony G,
Thank you for the feedback from your stay. I have shared your comments with our staff and the situation has been corrected, and I am sorry that it had happened to you. Policy is that we make them daily.
Once again thank you for the feedback as we do very much appreciate it and if your travels bring you back please let me know.

Long Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

This Hilton property became an oasis for me after a long, difficult business trip. Situated close to I-75 and to Gainesville's city center, the high-rise full-service hotel has amenities that allow the traveler to stay within its boundaries, including the full-service restaurant and bar. My room was beautiful, clean, quiet and extremely well appointed; staff is extraordinarily hospitable; grounds are exceptionally well kept. A totally wonderful experience all around.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Anne P,
Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay with us. All of the associates are very proud to work here at the Hilton University of Florida Hotel & Conference Center, and we could not do without them.
Anne P, thank you again for the wonderful feedback and if your travels bring you to Gainesville again please let us know.

Red Bluff, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Went to bar several times to eat while I stayed here for a few days .. I walked in and Megan greeted us .. She was very professional and had a great attitude .. All of our meals and drinks came out very fast and it was great food ..she always kept our drinks filled and checked on us .. I will be back !

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Topfuelwrench,
Thank you for the great feedback about your recent experience. We truly appreciate the comments about Megan, she has just started with us and it is great to get feedback about our associates.
Thank you again, and let us know when your travels bring you back.

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

My wife and I stayed in your hotel on 3/11/14. After dinner, we decided to have a nightcap and found Shaun and Megan. My job has taken me and my wife to many places which includes Australia, Indonesia, Thailand to mention a few. Never have we experienced the fun service these two professionals exibited tonight. Everyone in the lounge was in a great mood because they are so alive. Cost me more money because one drink was not enough while enjoying this atmosphere. :)

Great job Hilton on the employment of Shaun and Megan!

Room Tip: Book this hotel while in Gainesville.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ikdaigle,
Thank you for the great comments about the staff at our bar. We truly appreciate hearing about our staff and the impact they have on our guests. Both Megan and Shaun are new to the team and it is great to hear about the service they provided.
Again thank you and if your travels bring you back please let us know.

Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Service was excellent in general and Internet was fast.
Breakfast buffet with good variety (not included, of course).
The room did not have a fridge, which is a minus for a Florida hotel.
Somehow only 1/4 coffee bags in the room was regular, and after the 1st night that single one that I drank was replaced by another decaf (really - 4 decaf bags!).

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear LaPalomaBlanca,
Thank you for the feedback from your stay with us. I am sorry about the coffee that has been addressed. Trust me I know that I need by caffeine in the am, so I know.
If your travels bring you back to Gainesville please let us know. Thank you again for the feedback.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was in Gainesville for a concert at the UF Performing Arts Center. I noticed this Hilton was across the street from the campus (and a short walk to the performing arts center) so I booked a stay here. Being able to walk there and not having to worrying about parking was very appealing to me.

It is a pretty standard Hilton. Nice facilities, clean rooms, friendly staff. The hallways where the rooms are look a bit old and worn, but the rooms inside as well as the bathrooms were nice and more importantly, were very clean.

The hotel was full on the weekend I stayed due to various basketball games and/or other sporting events, but even though I arrived at around 11:30am the clerk at the front desk went the extra mile to find a clean room for me despite the fact that they had been completely full the night before and I was well before check-in time. Initially, it seemed like I was going to have to wait a few hours, but they made an effort to find a clean room for me right then. I appreciated that.

Sleep quality was good. The hotel was quiet despite being full and the beds were nice and soft.

There is not a large selection of dining options in the area around the hotel so my friend I opted to eat a few appetizers in the bar before the show instead of driving around looking for a restaurant. We ordered some hummus and some quesadillas to share. Service was quick and the food was good. Bar staff was friendly.

Parking was plentiful and free. The internet, in typical Hilton fashion, has to be purchased so I opted out of that one.

All in all, my stay was very nice and went smoothly. The location is not really the best for restaurants and shopping and such, but if you're wanting to visit this general area of the UF campus (whether it's for sports or performing arts or whatever), then this is a good option as it is walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tom m, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear EmLovesCW,
Thank you for the comments from your stay with us. We very much appreciated the detail and also hearing about how our staff went the extra mile for you.
Please let us know when your travels bring you back to Gainesville again.