Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
$90
SleepInn
$95
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$68
BestWestern.com
$133
$128
1,208 results
All reviewsfront deskbreakfast buffet isroom servicefull servicebusiness tripuniversityfloridalobbyfootballschoolmaintenanceclosetgraduationhurricanesurgerygainsvillepet
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was in Gainesville for a concert at the UF Performing Arts Center. I noticed this Hilton was across the street from the campus (and a short walk to the performing arts center) so I booked a stay here. Being able to walk there and not having to worrying about parking was very appealing to me.

It is a pretty standard Hilton. Nice facilities, clean rooms, friendly staff. The hallways where the rooms are look a bit old and worn, but the rooms inside as well as the bathrooms were nice and more importantly, were very clean.

The hotel was full on the weekend I stayed due to various basketball games and/or other sporting events, but even though I arrived at around 11:30am the clerk at the front desk went the extra mile to find a clean room for me despite the fact that they had been completely full the night before and I was well before check-in time. Initially, it seemed like I was going to have to wait a few hours, but they made an effort to find a clean room for me right then. I appreciated that.

Sleep quality was good. The hotel was quiet despite being full and the beds were nice and soft.

There is not a large selection of dining options in the area around the hotel so my friend I opted to eat a few appetizers in the bar before the show instead of driving around looking for a restaurant. We ordered some hummus and some quesadillas to share. Service was quick and the food was good. Bar staff was friendly.

Parking was plentiful and free. The internet, in typical Hilton fashion, has to be purchased so I opted out of that one.

All in all, my stay was very nice and went smoothly. The location is not really the best for restaurants and shopping and such, but if you're wanting to visit this general area of the UF campus (whether it's for sports or performing arts or whatever), then this is a good option as it is walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
tom m, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Dear EmLovesCW,
Thank you for the comments from your stay with us. We very much appreciated the detail and also hearing about how our staff went the extra mile for you.
Please let us know when your travels bring you back to Gainesville again.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Spent a weekend here while attending my friend's wedding and it was great service with a nice room. The staff were jovial and kind. I would definitely recommend it to people making quick weekend trips and it was very reasonably priced for such a nice hotel. The building grounds and surrounding area were tranquil with easy access to the main routes in and around Gainesville. Best hotel I've stayed in since I moved to Florida.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
tom m, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Kelly S,
Thank you for the great comments from your stay, and welcome to Florida. If your travels bring you north again please let us know.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Evereything was fine and correct. Only the heating was difficult to adjust. Breakfast ok. Fitness quite good. Bar normal. Internet great. Bathroom normal. TV difficult to see because of so many menus before you could see the real TV

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Thank Ignacio J. S

Dear Ignacio J.S,
Thank you for the feedback from your stay with us. We very much appreciate any and all feedback we recieve.
Thank you again.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Overall, this seems to be the b est hotel in the area. Unfortunately the bar isnt set very high so thats not saying much. For $169 a night I would expect more. I have stayed at lovely Lowe's properties for less.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
tom m, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear Carmen C,
Thank you for the feedback from you stay with. We do cherish feedback as it only helps us to improve. Carmen once again thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Everything you need for a business travel, and in a great location if your business is at the University. The staff seemed new, but it was comfortable and clean, and I slept well...It was a bit pricy, but probably worth it for the convenience...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
tom m, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Stacey C,
Thank you for the great feedback about your stay with us. We very much appreciate the feedback that we recieve from our guests.
When your travels bring you back please let us know.