“Gainesville Hilton Excellence”

Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Largo, United States
“Gainesville Hilton Excellence”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stay at this location often. Never a problem..Clean, well run, and GATOR friendly. The breakfast buffet is well done. Good location near U.F. Friendly staff ,with the exception of the once and a while haughty front desk staff. Nice Bar...a bit expensive...$7.40 for 1 Shocktop beer. Easy access to I-75 and insurance world at Nationwide, down the block.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

tom m, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Charles C,
Thank you for the great review about your stay. I will make sure to work with our front office team as we continue to strive for excellence.
Please let us know when you are back to Gainesville, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Tom MacDonald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Arabic first
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Pretty much perfect except there is no complimentary wifi in the rooms. I had to book my flight and next hotel stay in the business center which is a table in the lobby with 2 computers, so not too much privacy. The hotel lobby is beautiful and all of the staff were very warm and welcoming. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. I would come here again. The only thing stopping from rating it a perfect is the internet situation. I was only staying 1 night and I wasn't going to pay $10 just to use their wifi for a few hours.

Dear Jeff J,
Thank you for the feedback about your stay I am sorry about your issue with the wifi. It should have been communicated to you that it was included with your visit to UF. I will make sure that I am working with the agents to let our guests know. Thank you again for the feedback.
Good luck in the matching process.

St. Augustine, United States
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Diamond HHonors member here. The Gainesville Hilton ranks right up there withy any big city Hilton. The room decor exceeded that of most hotels, the rooms & all facilities were very clean, the service was excellent & the breakfast buffet as good as any. Highly recommended.

Dear Ronald R,
Thank you for the great review of your stay. All of our associates do take great pride in working here and it does truly show.
Please let us know when you are back in Gainesville, we always enjoy when our Diamond members have a great experience.

Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This Hilton is one of the nicer properties in the Gainesville area. I had jut completed a very long day and drive and happened into this as an HHonors member and was not disappointed. Very nice lobby bar and good bar food. I caught the World Series game and had some wings, which were great.

This is a nice property and in terms of Gainesville is above average but not impressive compared to top end hotels in larger metro areas. If in Gainesville I would happily go back as a best option.

Room Tip: There is a property in the midst of all the nice restaurants in the city, I think it is a Hampton In...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Foodie2D,
Thank you for the feedback from your stay. I have shared it with the team and we all say thank you. We are always looking for ways to improve our property as smaller properties spring up in Gainesville.
Please let us know when you are returning we would love to see you again.

Buford, Georgia
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The front desk receptionist, although very chirpy, did not acknowledge I was a Hilton Honors member so I had to ask if my information was on their computer. They also did not provide their usual complimentary bottled water.

I must also add that, although our room was a few doors down from the elevator, we could still hear people slamming their door in the middle of the night and early morning hours.

Will not be back...

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sharon P,
Thank you for the time to give us feedback about your recent stay. I am sorry that we did not acknowledge you for your loyalty to the Hilton Honors program. Typically we do keep extra water at the desk, and also try to deliver ahead of time to the guest rooms. I have spoken with our engineering team about the doors and we are looking at each room and making sure that the doors are not slamming and making adjusts as needed.
Please contact me when your travels bring you back to Gainesville, you will see a difference.

Perry, United States
Reviewed November 29, 2013

If you can find another place to stay, do it. The door to my room had gapes that I could see & hear who & what was said in the hall. To access the pool & hot tub, one has to go thru the bar or dining area & if you are a lone woman, the hot tub is in a far corner surrounded by thick bushes. I encountered all but 2 people working there who were friendly & did not act like I was bothering them. Carpet in room did not look clean at all. I would not walk on it bare foot.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Suzette K
tom m, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Suzette K,
I want to thank you for your feedback from your stay. I am working with our engineering department to look at the options that we might have to address the gap at the bottom of the guest room door. We will look at the bushes around the Hot Tub and I do very much appreciate you giving us this feedback about the area.
I have shared your review with our teams and we are striving to improve the overall service that we provide. I am sorry about your experience and if your travels bring you to Gainesville again please let me know.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 27, 2013

One of the nicest Hotels in Gainesville around 10 years ago when it was built, but has fallen into general disrepair. Literally smelled like sewage in the hall. Room was just as bad with damp musty floors. I had to keep my shoes on in the room. Shower had short brown curly hairs and a slimy feel. Broken phone, broken sink. But hey, there were lots of happy dog owners there, so come on down if you want to meet other people who don't care about cleanliness.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Dear tripadvisor member,
I do very much appreciate the feedback about your stay. Please contact me directly at tmacdonald@hiltongainesvilleuf.com so that we may further discuss your experience. We do want to make sure we are addressing the issues you experienced and I need a bit more information about your stay.
I look forward to working with you.