Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Gainesville
Gainesville, Florida
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

The entire team was extremely professional and responsive. From Ravine at the front desk to Wagih the food and beverage guy to DC and team for set up to Daniel and team in AV to Helen who provided memorable service with a special touch to Bishop and Mrs. Richardson.A heartfelt thanks to all. We will be back. ....

• Stayed October 2013
tom m, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear karlsm,
Thank you for the mentions of our staff. We truly enjoy when they get mentioned on Trip Advisor reviews.
Please make sure to reach out when your travels bring you back to the Hilton.

Tom MacDonald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Arabic first
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

We are preparing to check out and have been so impressed with our stay that we had to take a moment to leave a review. We are here for my son's ACL replacement surgery across the street, and have been pampered and taken care of during our stay. Having access to new, clean wheelchairs and a large, modern and spacious room was delightful. In addition, the staff went out of their way. This morning, Denise in their Albert's restaurant, went out of my way to make my son chocolate milk and be sure he had everything he needed. All with a smile and wonderful, caring attitude! Super impressive. Last night in the middle of the night, the front desk staff opened the store for me to get some snacks so I could give my son his pain meds with something in his tummy. Super, super impressive. All this and more compelled me to say THANK YOU!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
tom m, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Nanette S,
Thank you for the great feedback about your stay. How is your son doing? I have shared your comments with our F&B team and our front office team. It is always great to get comments such as yours to share with our team.
Please let us know when you will be back to Gainesville again.

buffalo ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed here when we went to a concert at the Phillips Ctr at university of Florida. Great location. Walkable or an easy drive. Front desk staff was very helpful with directions and restaurant selections. Clean and comfortable room.

Room Tip: Great choice for anything to do with the university.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
tom m, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Damily,
Thank you for the great comments about the hotel, and UF. If you need to get out of that Buffalo winter please dont forget your friends in Gainesville we would love to have you back soon.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We are new "Gator parents", so we go to Gainesville very often. Every time is a good experience. The location is very convenient, close to the University and downtown, but not noisy. The rooms are roomy and well kept, very clean. Remember to ask when you are supposed to leave the room for housekeeping, since sometimes they "jump" your room, if you are late.
The staff is friendly and they make your stay very comfortable.
There is an excellent breakfast buffet (not included) and the restaurant is good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Raffaella C
Dear Raffaella C,
Thank you and welcome to the Gator Family. I am sure that we will be seeing more of you year after year. Thank you for the great comments about the hotel and let me know when you are back and we will make sure that we dont "jump" your room.
Please let me know when you are back, till then Aloha.

Jacksonville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I check sheets and the bathroom when I enter a hotel room. The first thing I noticed was no yucky odor in the room the air was fresh and clean. The bath area clean bed linen no spots. No loud noises and I slept rather well each night of my stay. Convenient to major highway, close to mall shopping and food. Great Stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Phyliss R,
Thank you for the great review of your stay. We love hearing back from our guests when they have a great stay or a stay that needs attention.
Please let us know when your travels bring you back to Gainesville.

Brentwood, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel is very poorly managed from the front desk to the bell hop to housekeeping. Customer service is not a priority at all. We checked in for a 2 night stay and it felt like an act of Congress just to get our room cleaned! I had to call the housekeeping twice and go personally to the front desk twice just to get our room cleaned. Finally at 6:30 PM our guest room was cleaned. I would never recommend or stay at this property again. It is very hard to believe Hilton has their name on this property.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Londa B
Dear Londa B,
Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. I am sorry about the issues you experienced with Housekeeping and time it did take to get your room serviced. It should not have taken that amount of time at all. I have since worked with Housekeeping personally to make sure that we are improving the communication.
Once again I am sorry and I can assure you that this type of issue has been corrected. If your travels do bring you back to Gainesville again please let me know.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I've stayed at many hotels and by far this hotel has the best staff. From the service given during the breakfast buffet with Wagih to the late evening hospitality provided by Vito & James. I personally left a daily tip for the housekeeping staff because I would leave clothes on the bed and they would hang them back in my closet.

I would highly recommend EVERYONE to stay at this hotel!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
tom m, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Nobills,

Thank you for the feedback from your stay with us. We truly do have some great customer service professionals in our operation. I have shared your comments with Wagih, Vito and James personally and thank you for mentioning them specifically.
If there is anything that we can do now or in the future please let us know.